Loss of our son aged 27

Hi Linda

The first time I went in to a supermarket was one that was far away, and I went with a friend but couldn’t cope left my trolley with the food in it in the aisle, and people will understand if you cry it’s only natural and if they don’t well they’re not worth knowing anyway.

Please take care Linda, it’s hard enough with losing Jonathan let alone your husband having a stroke. So yes like Kate said a blessing that you were made redundant. Grief is like the waves, sometimes they overwhelm us and at other times they lap at our feet but they will always be there, just gradually gradually baby steps we learn to live alongside our grief.

One day soon we’ll meet again
How I long and pray for that day
To see your beautiful smiling face
And knowing that we’ll never have to part.
I hope you’ve found your place
And you’re happy, no reason to be sad.
A place where the days are endless
And there’s no worries for you to have.
But until that day I’ll hold on to you,
With the memories in my heart
I’ll try to face each day bravely
Knowing that one day we’ll never have to part.

With love
Helen

3 Likes

So so beautiful Helen words so right , all we want to do is meet up with our beautiful children after we pass . I am sure they will be waiting for us , as they will know the pain we have endured with there passing . Helen , and Deborah will contact you soon With love Maddie cxxxcx

1 Like

Hi All
With the brain fog that I have at the moment I can’t recall when we are meeting in July. Have I missed a post with the date. Deborah xx

Hi Deborah .
Just trying to sort things out . ITS quite hard to find the right place to meet at the moment , IT will be 17thJuly . will let you know shortly . Take care Maddie xxxxx

Perfect thanks Maddie. I’m so forgetful these days Deborah xx

Quite understandable considering what you have been through xx

Victoria and Maddie, lovely photo. Glad you had a good day x

1 Like

Thankyou Biir. X

1 Like

Thank you Bir … it is lovely to be able to meet up and I am looking forward to meeting you all xxx

Me too, I can’t wait to see you lovely ladies xx

1 Like

Hi Michelle,
Like Victoria said so glad you now have a date, take care
Xhelen

2 Likes

Hi Helen Thank you for your lovely words i 'm really struggling at the minute my cousin passed away suddenly and I went to see my auntie n uncle it was so so sad it made me ill for a couple of days , it brought it back so clearly when we found Jonathan I can’t seem to get out of this black hole I am in take care Linda

1 Like

Darling girl, you are having such a hard time. Its so unfair.
We will all thinking of you and sending our strength, love and understanding.
With love,
Kate xxx

Thank you so much x

1 Like

Hi I’ve just been to have my hair i was at the hairdressers when I found out my son died it was really emotional Mel my hairdresser cried with me but it’s only a small thing but I managed to get though it I’ve got my cousins funeral tomorrow it’s at the same place we had Jonathan’s so it will be hard I am getting upset now I don’t know what I’ll be like tomorrow take care Linda x

1 Like

Oh I feel so sorry for , I lost my sister in law a couple of months ago , and her funeral was the same place we had Dawns . Luckerly we were going to Cornwall that day , as I would not have been able to face it Hope you get through it , I know it will be so hard Maddie xx

Hi Maddie Thank you so much their is always things coming up that upset you I am so scared I will start to cry and not stop although everyone will understand it’s about Maxine tomorrow Thank you for your kind words love Linda x

1 Like

Hi All
I’m having a very bad day today, I just can’t stop crying. I miss Kathryn so much it is really hurting. I just feel so alone and have no will to carry on. There are things that I need to be doing but I don’t have any enthusiasm for anything. I can’t even be bothered to eat today. I might have a better day tomorrow but I can’t really face today. Deborah xx

2 Likes

Dear Deborah,
I am sorry you are having such a bad day :pensive: sending you a big hug :hugs::heart: to let you know you are not alone and we all feel your pain and have these awful days, don’t worry about doing anything today have a day off and be kind to yourself and try and eat a little, tomorrow will be a better day and Kathryn is always with you willing you on :heart: :pray: keep posting we are all here with you x
Love Michelle xxxx

1 Like

It truly is a terrible feeling that totally engulfs us at times. We can’t get out of it some days. Just try to rest today. Jobs will still be there when you are ready to do them.

Sending love.

Kate xxx