Loss of our son aged 27

Hello dear Ryansmum , I am so so sorry for this loss of your Darling Boy .I am glad you are getting messages, they defiantly give us comfort to let us know they are still around us , and that’s what will keep you going . You have done the best thing joining this wonderful sight , as we are all going through this awful thing called grief and all comfort one another. Sending Love Maddie xxx

2 Likes

Dear Kate

Bless you - we all get caught out at times. It’s awful :cry:
Glad to hear Brooke is pleased to be getting glasses, how sweet she is :heart: Lisa will be watching over her and you of course.

I got caught out on Father’s Day of all things. Sometimes it feels like I’ve just lost Henry and other days I feel I’ve dreamt it all …:broken_heart:

Sending love. You’re amazing.

Purple x

2 Likes

Dear Purple, I know that feeling too. Like I have woken from a nightmare and it’s not happened at all.

Sending love,

Kate xxx

Hi, pleased you have joined friends here. We catch each other when we fall and comfort surrounds us in our darkest moments. It’s 2 years in July since we lost our Lisa aged 31.
Some days are still hard but we learn to carry our grief within and try to live a life without our beautiful children.
Sending love. Keep posting.
Kate xxx

1 Like

Hi Ryan’s Mum, I’m sorry you suffering the terrible loss of your son Ryan. I feel your pain, it’s so difficult to get through the day. At times, its getting through hour by hour some days and all you are feeling is natural. There are many books on grief and loss. I would recommend some which helped some of us on here.
Julia Samuels - Grief Works
Megan Divine - It’s ok not to be ok
Gloria Hunniford - Always with you

Love Chris xx

1 Like

This is from one of them

1 Like

Dear Chris, I have read this too and think these words are so true. Thank you for reminding us of it. I read a few books (or tried to) but think it was too soon for me so I will revisit them.
Much love xxx

1 Like

Dear Ryan’s mom,
Sorry you have joined this club :pensive: the message’s keep me going knowing that my dear Son Matt is reaching out to me is the only comfort I have :heart::pray: I believe our children walk beside us every day and are waiting patiently for us to join them when it’s our time, this is not a full life we are living but we have to just paint on a brave smile for the sake of our loved ones and try to carry on as best we can, I’m only two years on but others are further and they give me hope that life is still with living, tge early days were the same for us all thinking every morning why am I still here but the journey does get bearable with time, not easier just more bearable, take care my friend and keep posting we will get you through :heart::pray:

1 Like

Well done Kate for being so brave for Lisa and your darling little Brooke, I am thinking of you as you approach the anniversary of Lisa’s passing keep staying strong for your beautiful Brooke and Jemma but we are here to catch you when you fall and of course Lisa has a tight grip on you and will never let go :heart::pray: i can’t wait to see her with her little glasses on she will look so cute, my Matt had them from the age of two :heart: take care big love to all.
Michelle xxxx

1 Like

Love to you too Michelle. We had a lovely time with Helen and her friends, and John of course. First time my hubby Alan has opened up to anyone. It was good to meet face to face with someone who really understands.
Have a good weekend.
Kate xxxxxx

2 Likes

Dear Kate, I am so glad that you had the chance to meet up with Helen. I think it is amazing that we have kept these friendships going and are beginning to meet each other. It helps me so much and has held me up and kept me going so many times :sparkling_heart:

I saw this recently and think it sums up how we must feel xxx

Hi Victoria,
Thanks for sharing, its so true :broken_heart: tomorrow is Matt’s Birthday, I have not been to good these past few days but my girls are back from Uni now so I will put on my brave face, we have a cake and will all go to the cemetery and have a toast to my dear precious boy :heart::pray: I keep thinking this time 25 years ago I was in labour he didn’t want to come out and was 10 pound, funny because he was always so slim, I feel like it’s getting harder think it’s because it’s longer since we last saw him and I miss his massive hugs and the laughter, he had such a kind heart and brilliant sense of humour he would tell us all every day that he loved us all and we also told him we loved him too, why is life so cruel :pensive: take care everyone , much love,
Michelle xxxx

1 Like

Hi Victoria, I’m so sorry about your son Matt, in yes life is very wicked , my brother lost 2 of his son,s one in 2008 the other June 2013 ( it’s his birthday tomorrow, he would be 26 ) My brother died month,s later January 2014. So so sad. I never thought I would loose a child, however my youngest daughter Kim I lost 6 week,s after my brother Feb 21-2014, it broke our family, her dad,s never been the same since, I had to stay strong as I had 3 more kid,s to look out for. On the 12-02-2019 I lost my eldest son due to a untreated infection in the hospital, we got ignored for weeks about then treating him, I begged them but they still said there was no infection, until he was rushed to hospital strait on life surport in a coma- yes I was right a infection untreated resulting in sepsis shock, meningitis, brain damage through this organ failure, he was on life surport for nearly 4 week,s, transferred bk to the hospital who ignored my plea for help. After 2 weeks I took my son home in cared for shaun myself, I was never offered any help from the hospital anyway, he could no longer walk, use his hands I had to bath him dress, carry him , take him to the bathroom, 24 hrs a day I looked after Shaun. He did live for 8 months after life surport, then put on end of life care, again I cared for shaun until he died. I wish he was hear today to care for him but sadly not, how ever iv kept myself going by fighting for the truth in justice for shaun 2 years bk they arranged a meeting with there solicitor in said you,v got a case, you,ll win it, and you,v got multiple claim,s. Not money I want, money won,t. Bring my son bk no thank you, he handed me a card as I was leaving in said have a think about it? I put the card in the bin in left, everyday I wrote e-mailed rang the hospital until 13 months later I finally got a reply, 2 months ago they again tryed paying me over Shaun’s death nearly 300,000 pounds, I put the offer in the bin send a letter replying never to offer me compensation again, answers yes. Family in friend tryed talking me around into takeing there offer how it could Chang our life’s set us up for good. Sorry no money will ever compensate the loss in what these doctors done to my son, I’ll keep on fighting everyday for answer,s, some how I don’t think I’m going to get them but they can keep there dirty money. I’ll fight until I die. Thank you in so sorry Victoria for the loss of you son Matt, my daughter Kim was 26, in Shaun was 31 when they lost there life, people say in time it,ll get easier, no never as no mother should lose a child . God bless

3 Likes

Dear Michelle,
Another difficult milestone for you. I hope you find some peace today and are able to remember happy times with Matt and your girls.
I will hold you all in my thoughts today and will light a candle for Matt.
Much love to you xxx

2 Likes

Michelle, it’s so hard isn’t it. I am a bit unsettled too as Lisa would have been 33 on the 10th. I miss her so much, her beautiful smile , her closeness and the love she spread around. I think we all struggle to get through these significant dates. I have been taking Brooke to the beach this week as its been very hot with clear skies. We have no pollution so the sun is so intense. Even when it had been bit cloudy it has been warm . This is Brooke climbing the spiders Web at the beach. My husband had a sharp intake of breath as he said she is Lisa incarnate! She is too. The way she moves. Climbs like a pro, bodyshape, absolutely everything comes from her Mummy. It’s so weird.
We are so lucky to have her in our lives.

Sending love and hugs to you. These dates loom up and I feel the lead up is worse than the actual day. Will be thinking of you when I close my eyes tonight. We are never alone when we have each other.

Kate xxx

1 Like

Omg Tracy. What a terrible, traumatic time you have had. I could hardly take in all your text as its so horrendous.

Sending love to you.

Kate xxx

Dear Victoria Kate,
Thank you both for kind words of support, its been an emotional day but made special by everyone’s kindness and support, you are so right Kate the build up for today as been awful I think Birthdays are especially hard as such a reminder of much happier times, :broken_heart: Brooke is so special and you are so lucky to have her in your lives to keep your head above water, Lisa will be so happy watching her with her lovely grandparents taking care of her :heart: i am thinking of you Kate as you approach Lisa’s Burthday, thank you both for being here .
Much love to all
Michelle xxxx

Dear Tracy,
You have been through so much and I am so sorry for this , my heart goes out to you , take care my love tomorrow will be a better day and you children will always be with you :heart::pray: God bless you.
Love Michelle xxx

Tracy, I’m so sad reading your story. It’s is heartbreaking what you have endured.
It’s can be so difficult to j
Sending you my love and thoughts.
Chris x