Loss of our son aged 27

Dear Deborah, I think it is the rest of our family who keep us going. I know that is true for me. I’m not sure I would be here if it wasn’t for my grandchildren but somehow we keep going, one foot in front of the other, for them and they are worth living for.
But the others who have kept me going are all of you on this site. You have all been the most amazing, selfless people. As the saying goes ‘every time I think of you I thank my God for you’. Bless you all :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Dear Helen…These anniversaries that once we used to look so forward to, are now filled with dread and tears and we are thankful when the day is over. But what no one can ever take away from us ,is the love and the beautiful memories our children gave us in life.
Thinking of you today…Marina xxx

2 Likes

To all …Lovely, happy photos from a time that once was…How I wish we could back and relive life again…

1 Like

Dear all,
I just wanted to say I haven’t been upto posting as I’m so stressed at the moment :pensive: Mathew’s inquest starts tomorrow 18th to 26th, we are on our way to Oxford, I am in absolute turmoil, our daughters are staying home to look after the dog and I know they wouldn’t cope hearing how Matt suffered but they will come for the final day, Matt’s girlfriend is coming as she wants to hear it all, we are there in person but all witnesses will be remote due to covid restrictions, please pray for us to get through :heart::pray:
Am thinking of you all having these anniversaries :broken_heart: and am loving all the pictures of your lovely children :heart:
Much love to all
Michelle xxxx

2 Likes

Dear Michelle, My love and my thoughts will be with you today and tomorrow and the following days…it won’t be easy, but I am positive you will have Matt’s love to guide you through,My love and prayers are with you .
Will be thinking of you…Marina xxx

1 Like

Dear Michelle ,you will have a very difficult time a head this week. My love and thoughts will be with you . With love Maddie xxx

1 Like

Dearest Deborah
I have Scott’s photo everywhere, him and I at the Scotland v England game in my bedroom, him and his brother on the beach in Portugal in the bathroom, him and I in Amsterdam in my hall etc.
It means I see him and my memories come to me constantly as I walk about my flat.
Everyone is different but looking at them gives me joy that I had him and sadness that he has gone
I’m so glad you are able to look at your beautiful girl
Anne xx

1 Like

Dear Michelle
I will be thinking about you going through this awful ordeal.
Your poor boy, how stressful for you having to hear all the details and the pain that will cause.
My heart breaks for you
Anne x

2 Likes

Hi Deborah
I hope Georgia gives you comfort, seeing little mannerisms that Kathryn had that live on.
Again thank you for your words. I honestly related to every single word and as I said I’ve read them over and over.
Thinking of you
We are both getting closer to the anniversary we will both be dreading, Scott died on St Andrews day, my 54th birthday, 30th of November and I am not sure how I will cope
Anne xxxx

1 Like

Dear Michelle

I’m sending you love and a warm hug. You will find the strength….as you have done to get this far. You are such a brave person, Matt would be so proud of you.

Know we are all thinking of you and your family.

Purple xx

2 Likes

Oh Michelle, so hard for you. I have just messaged you (before you had posted on here). It is an awful ordeal and I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers this week. Hopefully we will meet up during the week. Sending you masses of love xxx

2 Likes

Hi Michelle
I will be thinking of you and your family this week and praying that it will not be too much of an ordeal for you.

Love and hugs Deborah xx

2 Likes

Oh Michelle,
My heart goes out to you, please take care.
Love Helen

2 Likes

Somehow you will get through this terrible few days. I can’t imagine the turmoil you will be feeling.
Sending love and my thoughts are with you this week.
Much love Kate xxx

1 Like

Thank you Marina,
It has been so hard and however I try, I still can’t seem to stop the tears from falling. Tomorrow I hope will be easier. My eldest has put a beautiful photo of Sam on his FB page.
Thank you all for your thoughts and comments I know that you understand

2 Likes

Dear Helen, these birthdays and anniversaries are so hard as we can’t help wishing things were different. Well done for getting through it. Much love to you xxx

1 Like

Im so sorry for your loss ive lost my son sam 25 to cancer in may its so unfair 4 months he was gone .i like you feel lost and broken .i try so hard .the pain is unbearable .this life is so cruel always talk zoe

Dear Zoe, I’m very sorry you have lost your son to cancer. I feel your pain and hopelessness. It’s so cruel. So many friends on this site are here for you whenever you want to make contact.
I too lost my daughter to cancer aged 33. It’s difficult to carry on when everyone else is getting on with their lives.
Take care
Chris xx

1 Like

Hi Zoe
It’s been nearly a year since I lost my daughter and everyone on here has helped me with my grief. You are not alone, we are all here for you and understand exactly how you are feeling. Keep posting. Sending love and hugs.
Deborah :heart:

2 Likes

Hello Zoe,

I too lost my son 34 to a brain tumour. The pain as you say is unbearable, all of us on this site have lost their child in some way or another but we are here for you. The pain will always be there I lost Sam on December 9th 2016 we had just over 4 years with him.

Please keep posting everyone of us is here for you.
With love
Helen

3 Likes