Loss of our son aged 27

That went too soon!
I was about to say, love :heart: and hugs 🫂 to you all.
And special thoughts to Kate and family, with much love
Ann xxx

3 Likes

Morning all, I have just been reading all your amazing, inspiring posts, you are all so brave and strong.
Sue I am so pleased to hear that you went detecting with the group, thats a big step to take and I’m sure Andrew would have been proud of you. I absolutely love the pic of Andrew. I tried to get Niall into metal detecting but he didnt take to it, it’s so lovely that you had those shared times with Andrew.
Racy you should definately buy a detector, it’s a great hobby.
I haven’t been able to return to my swimming yet, it feels wrong somehow and I’m finding it hard to leave the house, its a big enough effort to go for a walk with my sister and dogs.
Hugs and love to you all. Xxx

4 Likes

Thankyou all dear friends for your messages and kindness.
Pouring rain this morning. The clouds are weeping for our Lisa. Miss her beautiful face, her warmth and kindness, her happy outlook even when wired up to the ECMO. At least that form of life support gave us time with her.
Teats flowing now.
Love to all.

Kate xxx

3 Likes

Hi Kate, I’m so sorry for your loss. Same here, tears flowing, rain pouring. Sending love and hugs. Xxx

4 Likes

Dear Kate,
Sending you love and gentle hugs :heart: to help get you through today my friend xxxx

3 Likes

Morning everyone hope you all had a peaceful weekend . Saturday was a real bad day crying most of the day I was glad when I went to bed but yesterday was a little better went out with the dogs for some fresh air it was what I needed a change of scenery I was alot calmer Sunday got up this morning not to bad I’m going to do some weeding on the drive just to feel like I’ve achieved something tday. Hope you all have an ok day love shellyanne XX :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Thinking of you tday Kate sending hugs xx :bouquet::hibiscus:

3 Likes

Hi Shelleyanne

1 Like

Lovely to hear from you again Ann. I was going to post,when people were asking about you,that I thought you were in France but wasn’t 100% sure. I hope you had some lovely times there and it helped you. It’s a big positive that you were able to visit Katherine’s house. It’s amazing the things we find ourselves able to do that we didn’t think would ever be possible.
Thanks Susan…we used to have such a laugh when we went detecting. I loved Andrew’s hat…I once told him I’d bought one the same and then added that I’d also bought same shorts and t shirt so we’d be dressed the same. I couldn’t stop laughing at the look on his face. Do you detect?
Thinking of you today Kate…lots of hugs to you.
Love and hugs to all you lovely people
Sue xxxx

2 Likes

Hiya - it definitely helps if you can do something like cleaning or gardening, anything really that means you can see a visible difference in your environment. Moving about physically helps, walks, shopping, even just a quick chat with a neighbour. If you have days when you feel just overwhelmed and depressed and anxious, I think it’s sadly ‘normal. I don’t know if you’ve seen your GP but it’s worth talking to him. Everyone’s different but I was offered anti depressants and they took at least a month to make any difference but over time I certainly feel less desperate and calmer. I hope your day is okish and you are kind to yourself. You don’t have to perform like you did before all this happened, you are grieving. Hugs xxx

3 Likes

Hi kate
Thinking of you and your family today . Lisa’s hand in your hand always much love zoe xxx

3 Likes

Hi luv yes I’ve been to my GP who is lovely and yes I’m on tablets I do make myself do little jobs even if I feel so low so it feels like I’ve got a step further to feeling a little more normal if that makes sense I love gardening it’s my hobby and it relaxes me so that’s my goal tday even if it’s just for an hour while my other half is at work anyway I hope you all have a peaceful day sending love and hugs to all xx

4 Likes

Sending love to all. Glad you had time with your family Anne.
Sue well done Andrew would be so proud.
Hi victoria i hope your ok .having a little fun with your grandson
And hello to everyone its so sad so many of us on this empty road we all wishing and wanting .love to you all zoe :heart:

5 Likes

Hi Zoe, it certainly is a long, painful road we have to take.
I agree with all the posts about trying to do a little something each day, it really helps, I call them “my daily targets” even if its something as small as washing up. Today I have some forms to complete for the coroner so tears and tissues today for me.
Sue I do go detecting but haven’ t been for a few weeks now, hopefully I will try over the next few weeks, your message inspired me.
Take care all
Xxx

4 Likes

You are doing well. Over the last months I’ve done a lot of decorating and pleased with the changes, I do keep wanting to text my daughter and say ‘look at these changes, come over and see’. I find the hardest part is starting to do something. Once I say to myself I will do this task for half an hour, I usually find I become absorbed in it and achieve more than I expected. It is a real help if you can find something absorbing to do, some days that doesn’t happen. But when it does give some respite and something looks different because I changed it. I suppose it’s a bit of something I can control in the midst of the loss, which no one can control or change. On that note I’m gonna go and buy some more paint so, when the urge to do something comes, I’ve got everything ready to go. Even 30 minutes helps. On bad days I don’t do much at all and I don’t need people telling me I should do more. It’s ok to do what I can, when I can. It’s a start. We’ve had one of the biggest shocks of our life. Not surprising we aren’t full of energy and good cheer, and we don’t perform like we did before all this happened. We are human and loss hurts. Sending you hugs xxx

5 Likes

I think you are amazing Nell with all your decorating. It’s great that you can put your energy into something so positive.
That thought comes so often: I must tell my daughter. See what Kath thinks, what she would suggest with her ingenious ideas. I know how you feel.
When I was in France I kept expecting her to walk in, then felt low thinking she’ll never come here again and see these places. Then thought, yes she will, she’s here with me all the time and goes wherever I go and sees what I see, and more.
So well done you, and everyone else for taking that step and doing something, anything, to make our children proud of us, as we are forever proud of them.
Love, Ann xx

2 Likes

Hi everyone well I’m quite chuffed with my achievement this morning I’ve weeded my small drive and swept it. It looks lovely now for rest of my days off this week is to tackle the double drive :woozy_face:which il have to do bit by bit I feel worn out now so I’m going to go and have a cuppa I hope you are well sending love to you all xx shellyanne xx

4 Likes

Hi Shellyanne, well done for doing the weeding, its an achievement under the circumstances. Hope you are having that well deserved cup of tea. Xx

2 Likes

Hi Susan yes I’ve had a lovely cuppa just going to sit outside with my dogs I feel quite relaxed at the moment but sometimes I don’t know about everyone else I’m just waiting for the despair to wave over me again. But at least I’ve achieved a little something tday I hope everyone is coping the best way they can tday. Love to you all and thank you for your support iteans so much XX shellyanne

4 Likes

Dear all. The time I was watching for on tbe clock has passed. 13.55. The moment our girls heart stopped beating.
I have been cleaning like a mad woman but felt so physically sick I had to sit for a minute. My heart has broken over again like it will for all of us here , time and time again.
As I have lots to do having had Brooke most of last week, I am working through tasks to keep my mind focused.
Thankyou all again for being here.

Much love.

Kate xxx

4 Likes