Loss of our son aged 27

Sorry meant to say , Sarah has got to back on Mother’s Day for her usual checks to see if she can have her last chemo on Tuesday . Everyone of all her friends are rooting her on saying she is so brave . But at the end of the day , it’s her body that will say . My heart is breaking for her so much , I just want to scream . It’s so much like grieving . It’s unbelievable xx

1 Like

I understand that … it must be terrible for you but Sarah has been amazing in tolerating her chemo so well xxx

1 Like

Yes Daryl no about it , she is amazing , last night she put the first picture of herself with no hairs. It was such a shock all I wanted to do was cry . But that’s. Maddie xx Scarves . what she wanted , as dweather is better and she is so fed up wearing hats and scarfe

2 Likes

She is amazing , so strong . I so wish I could be like her . With love Maddue xx

3 Likes

Sending much love to all you Moms and the strength to get you through another difficult day without our precious children :broken_heart: i know all our children will be with us always, safely tucked inside our heart pockets :heart: :pray:
Love Michelle xxxx

1 Like

Thank you michelle hope you have a nice day .and thinking of everyone tomorrow with love .i have covid feel awful much love zoe :heart:

2 Likes

I used to love Mother’s Day but find it hard now. Sending love to all you amazing mums (and Jim!) on here. I will be thinking of all of you. Do you think it would be nice if we all lit a candle tomorrow evening as a way of remembering our beautiful children? :heart:

2 Likes

That sounds lovely victoria god bless you xx :heart:

3 Likes

Lovely idea. Will do.

Much love, Kate xxxxxx

2 Likes

Thats a lovely idea. I light a candle every day anyway for my daughter but i’ll light another for everyone’s precious children :orange_heart:
Love to all Deborah xx

1 Like

Dear Everyone. I really hope today is not as bad as the lead up has been for us . Already taken diazepam though. My partner got up in the middle of the night so I know she is going to really struggle today. Mothers Day was always a big thing in our small family, just the three of us, and this is the first one without our daughter.
We are staying in because everywhere including pubs and restaurants will be mothers day focused.
It’s just a horrible feeling of loss and emptiness , and perhaps dates shouldn’t be so important but they seem to have much more impact and bring so much more sadness than other days. I don’t know what the answers are but I am hopefully that the as the years go by this does become a little easier.

4 Likes

Andy, the lead up to any significant date/day is agony and often it is worse than the day itself. Somehow, I don’t know how, we get through it. Today will be the 8th Mothers Day without my daughter, it’s not the same, how could it ever be. I will be taking a card and gift to my own Mum who is 88. Our world is a very different place and we aren’t who we used to be. One thing which is predictable is that time does not stand still for anyone eventhough we want the world to stop.
Sending everyone love and hope to get through this day.
Love Chris x

3 Likes

Thank you Chris.
That’s helpful and yes life will never be the same again. As many have said it does get a little easier and one day we may be able to enjoy some parts of life again. X

1 Like

5 Likes

Such beautiful words, Zoe. I feel quite tearful now but so comforting. I hope you are coping with today. Much love xxx

2 Likes

Thinking of you all my dear friends :heart: :candle: :pray:
Love Michelle xxxx

2 Likes

my candle is lit :heart::candle::pray:

2 Likes

Such a lovely photo, Michelle :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I have lit mine too xxx

3 Likes

Hi All
I have not posted in a while but i have read all ur posts. I have just found out that my house must be sold as my abusive estranged husband insists upon it and legal aid wont fund me to fight it.
Mothers Day today without my son Conor has been awful. Made even more awful without his siblings acknowledging my existance. I had 4 children and lost 1 in a tragic car accident and lost the other 3 due to my abusive estranged husband. I have not got out of bed today, not been on social media. Thought i would be safe watching Formula 1 but even they did a segment to all their Mum’s. There is no way to escape that i am no longer a mum with a large family and many grandchildren who love and care about me. I have been thinking recently about booking a holiday and never coming home as i have many meds i can take. I have to wait until the house is sold or my estranged husband will get it all. But then realise who would i leave it 2? These people who r my family that i have not heard from in over 2yrs. Or a charity? When i am forced to leave my home where i raised my family and has all those wonderful memories of my children growing up - a small dent in the livingroom door where Conor hit it with a wii controller playing baseball as he was 6ft 2" at 18 with incredibly long arms. Every time i go in the room i touch it and remember that story just b4 he passed.
All these reminders will be gone from life. I can’t imagine living somewhere without these memories. I just don’t know what else i can do. I have struggled for almost 11 years without Conor. I got his siblings thru it and am now surplus to requirements. My children can’t understand that my estranged husband was being much more abusive to me than them. In fact 2 of them had already left home and bought houses had children of their own. I am disabled and find it hard to get out and about much and really just want this miserable existance to be over. Sorry for the doom and gloom. I just dont have the ability to be happy anymore.
Love and hugs
Pauline

1 Like

Oh Pauline, I’m so very very sorry that you are feeling so down! It’s just heartbreaking what you have been through, not only losing Conor in a car accident but your other kids as well through estrangement. You’re very much in my thoughts tonight! Please don’t do anything rash. :heart::heart::heart: Big hugs and loads of positive vibes coming your way!
Annemarie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes