Loss of our son aged 27

Dearest Pauline, my heart bleeds for you. You have endured immeasurable hard times. I cannot understand why your family have abandoned you.
I think that when the house is sold and you get your half, this will be a new start. Its so hard to leave all the memories behind but its maybe time to have something new to focus on. It wont be easy if you have disabilities but there should be help for you from social services to get you settled. Hopefully you will make new friends and be able to have a wee holiday.
Its awful to think of you being so down. Please keep posting as your friends here really care Pauline.
Sending love and hugs.

Kate xxxx

3 Likes

Hope most of you got the Mother’s Day ok . Pauline , I am so sorry you are feeling so down . Life can be so hard and cruel . Like you I only said what a wonderful
life we have . Everything we could ask for good holidays 2 beautiful Daughters and 3 Granchildten . Put now everything changed . Losing Dawn seem
to be the start of it , Now Sarah struggling with her Cancer . Her husband hates me . And we hardly see the Grandchildrn . We were all so close . . But Pauline , you will take your memories with you , and Conner will always be in your heart . You have many friends on SR. , and you will
hopefully make new friends when you move . Take care , don’t do anything silly . I know I have felt like you so many times , and just want to give up . . But that’s not what Conner would want of you . Such beautiful photos of your children , with love Maddie xxx

3 Likes

YOUR SKY

I never truly noticed,
how beautiful the sky is,
until I started searching it for you.

I never really appreciated,
how sunlight bounces off the clouds sometimes,
creating a glimmeringly spectacular show of light.

But now it feels as though,
you are putting that show on,
just for me.

‘I sit in the front row
and consume your blinding light,
to feel your spirit near
with all my earthly might.’

I never truly noticed,
how wondrously uplifting,
the sky is, my love.

Until I started searching it for you.

Until it became your sky.

And I search your sky daily,
and always will.

Donna Ashworth

3 Likes

Lovely words Victoria , yes the clouds and stars can tell us so many stories . I can remember at the end of Dawns wake we all went outside and let 4 Disney balloons , she so loved Disney , We first went in 1980 , and we all had countless times there , our most happiest . We did Micky and Minnie Breakfast , Dinners and Cruises . , we scattered her there in 2019 , sadly our last trip . But the evening of her wake was so beautiful , and I chose a star , so I will always try and find it on a beautiful night .love Maddie .

2 Likes

I “bought” a star a few months ago and registered it in my son’s name. I know it’s not NASA but it is nevertheless in the international star registry, as of the date of his death, October 13, 2022. It’s in the Big Bear constellation, so visible in the night sky with an app that came with the registration. Joey would have loved the idea of having ‘his own’ star! We will go to an observatory soon and see it even more clearly, but just looking out into the northern night sky is wonderful!

5 Likes

Dear Maddie, such precious memories of Dawn and memories that will always still be with you. Anne-Marie, I love Joey’s star … so beautiful. Gemma’s friend bought one for her too. Such a lovely thought . Gemma loved the sky, clouds and the moon … it fascinated her and my other daughter and I often call each other when the moon is particularly beautiful xxx

2 Likes

Oh , such amazing , that our beautiful Sons and Daughters , have something to do with the stars . Probably each star represents our beautiful children . So so lovely thought . Xx

2 Likes

Hi all
I was given a star for Conor from lovely friends. I have no clue how to find it even with all the information but i like to look at the night sky and know it is up there somewhere shining down on me.
Love and hugs to all
Pauline x

2 Likes

If it’s on the star register just download the app and put in the code. Then you should get all the info that I showed on the picture.

3 Likes

Dear All,
Lovely poem Victoria, i loved hearing about you all having a Star :star2: we have just had a lovely week in St Ives, its been very therapeutic, last night i woke about 3am and went to get a drink and glanced up at the Sky and was taken aback by how beautiful the sky looked with so many Stars, it took my breath away, i nearly woke my husband up as i wanted to share it with him, i know our beautiful chikdren are all there like Maddie says shinning down on us :star2::pray: looking forward to seeing our daughters tomorrow but having time alone as done us both good, much love to you all :heart:
Michelle xxxx

2 Likes

Hi all ,hope your all as well as we can be .maddie i hope sarah is doing well.

Ive had covid and ended up in hospital with bad infection ,im very weak and still coughing but on the mend ,it has made my mind on over drive. My poor sam going hospital at the start of his journey alone cos of covid, having a scan thinking my boy was here .been very down but getting there sam came home on the 1st april from being in the hospice for two weeks .he passed 27 days later .he wanted to be at my grandsons birthday and his sisters on the 20th april he achieved that .my beautiful brave boy it dont seem possible its going to be two years soon .ive really felt sorry for myself being so ill .sam never moaned once he was our superhero xxxx

5 Likes

Dear Zoe, so sorry to hear that you have been poorly in hospital. I think when we are ill now it feels so much worse and I hope you are feeling better now. It is a difficult time of year for you so make sure you look after yourself. Thinking of you and sending you lots of love xxx

2 Likes

Hi Zoe, I’m sorry you have been so ill with Covid. What an awful time. Now leading up to Sam’s anniversary, sending hugs.
Love
Chris x

1 Like

Dear Zoe,thinking of you on Sams Anniversary , how have we all survived without our Darling Children . Sorry you have been so ill , and hoping you have a speedy recovery . Thankyou for your concern for Sarah . She has been quite ill this week , we picked her up Thursday she needed to go to docs , she looked dreadful . But doc sent her straight back to hospital , as her heart was racing form of Coronavirus , she came out yesterday , and hoping now she will be ok for a while . Only 2 weeks untill her Pet Scan , we are all holding our breath the Cancer has gone and she doesn’t have to have radiotherapy . That would be a lovely 50 th birthday present on the 18th April . Thinking of my dear Mum today as it’s 39 years since she left us , which was Mother’s Day that year . Sending love and best wishes to you all . Maddie xx

3 Likes

Dear Zoe,
I am so sorry you have been so poorly, it must have been so hard for you being in the hospital near the dates Sam had been diagnosed, i know how you feel as Matt went away to Africa on 3rd March with the army and he passed on 5th May, so like you i am living the days now leadiing upto the date he passed, i read all his messages, it will be 4 years this year which i find hard to comprehend, i am so glad Sam was there for their birthdays, he was such a brave boy and a fighter, our daughters will be 23 on the 10th April and they are also struggling as they said Matt was our big brother but now we are going to be older than him :broken_heart: Matt was 22 and 10 months when he passsed, i am thinking of you Zoe and am here for you, remember you are not alone, much love to you my friend :heart:
Michelle xxxx

2 Likes

Dear Maddie,
I have been thinking of you and your brave daughter Sarah, i will pray that she gets the all clear :pray: :heart: keep going my friend you too are being so brave and am sure Dawn has been with you both all the time and will be so proud of you, sending you a big hug :people_hugging: love Michelle xxxx

2 Likes

Hi michelle , its mad how we live the dates it makes me so sad, but i cant stop . Thank you for your lovely kind words .your beautiful daughters so young .my jess crys coz she said mum i thought i would always have sam when we was older .they was so close .he saw her everyday.it breaks my :heart: your girls must miss matt so… this life so cruel. We just have to try and get by dont we .sam would say come on mum .he was so brave .i will never be ok with this . But i try for jess and my grandchildren . Thank you for caring michelle ,always here for you too :heart: zoe​:heart:

3 Likes

Hi maddie, Victoria, chris,michelle and all thank you all for your kindness and support .your all amazing .lets hope our children are shining down on us .i talk to sam like his sitting in the front room still .i miss his laughter .we had such fun . …love to you all my friends much love zoe xx

3 Likes

Hello.

I lost my 27 year old son, suddenly and unexpectedly, almost 4 weeks ago. His funeral was a week ago today. I dont know how i am going to go on leading a normal life.
The thought of never hearing or seeing him again is unbearable and i honestly do not think i can carry on. How can i ever enjoy things again. It should have been me that was taken, not my beautiful boy.

4 Likes

You’ve come to the right place. Every one of the members of this awful club no one wants to belong to knows exactly how you are feeling!! I’m so very very sorry you’ve had this terrible loss! It is devastating and what you are feeling is just too awful.

My son Joey died 51/2 months ago and I just couldn’t even make it out of bed for three months. But I am taking baby steps to come back to life, and you’ll be able to do the same when the time is right. But the edges of your grief are still too raw. Take your time and come to this group of caring people if you need some comfort. No one, absolutely no one knows what it’s like unless they too have lost a child. Sending you lots of love and hugs!
Annemarie :broken_heart::hugs:

5 Likes