Loss of our son aged 27

What is the book you mentioned?

Hi Viv1

I am so sorry for ur loss. It is awful to have joined the beareved parents club. U will always find this a safe space to unload. U r at the very begining of ur grief journey where u don’t know which way is up or down. It is good that u went to ur GP. Many of us here have been on antidepressants, i still am. Just allow yourself the time to feel ur feelings instead of bottling them up. Also try to do something that makes u feel good. There are many options on thia site for 1 on 1 counselling grief diary etc. U will find it at the top of the page by pressing the sue Sue Ryder cloud. There is usually someone on here whatever time of the night or day it is. Again i am so sorry for ur loss.
Love and hugs
Pauline x

3 Likes

The early days are terrible. The grief knock you off your feet. We are all here to help through our own experience. Nobody else will really understand the way we do.
Sending love and husgs. Kate xx

2 Likes

Hi Viv, the book is called ‘Continuing Bonds … new understandings of grief’.
There is quite a lot to read online too.
You will find lots of love and support on this site. We have all lost children here and it has been a life saver for me as everyone is so understanding mxxx

3 Likes

Dear Viv,
I am deeply sorry for the loss of your precious Son, i am sorry you have had to join us on this site but i know you will find a comfort from speaking with all the lovely parents who are the only people who can understand how you feel, keep posting as you are amongst friends, sending you much love my friend :heart:
Michelle xxxx

1 Like

Thank you :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi all want to thank you for all your kindness. Ive cone to dorset with my friend thinking of you all big hugs zoe xx

Hi viv im so very sorry for your loss .youve come to the right place .baby steps your on this horrible journey so sorry big hugs xx

4 Likes

Hi Zoe , hope you have a nice relaxing time in Dorset cxx

3 Likes

Thank you maddie hope your ok x

1 Like

Hi Zoe
I am so glad to hear u have gone away with a friend. Enjoy the break away. U need it and it is good for u to do something that is self kind.
Thinking of everyone.
Love and hugs to all
Pauline x

3 Likes

Thank you pauline . Look after yourself too xx

1 Like

Hello everyone , have tried to make contact with Sarah . She still doesn’t want anything to do with us . I did text her last week as I was told she wasn’t feeling good . She did come back and told us she is suffering with her health after all the chemotherapy . My heart is aching so much . Haven’t seen her or our Grandaughter as she has taken sides with Sarah . This year has been the worse ever . Before Xmas was the worse news ever with Sarah , then we lost our best friend Xmas eve . Then another good friend has only been given a few months to live . And now another good friends their Grandaughter she had Lukimia when she was 10 , and now is only 20 , they have just removed a Timor . She had a biopsy last Friday and said it was cancer . They are just waiting for results what Stream they it is . My heart is bleeding for them . The waiting game is the worse . And now to finish off my brother who lives in Spain , is struggling with his and his wife’s house . I want him to come back to England . At least I could help out . But no he is so stubborn he won’t . But they have no quality of life out there now . . So at my wits end with them . . . I just don’t know where where it’s going to end . Good job we are going to Greece next week for a break , as I think I am
going to crack up . With love Maddie xx

1 Like

Sorry should of said health .

1 Like

Oh Maddie, you need to think of yourselves forca while I think. I feel you are like me and worry about everyone in the family and friends alike. So sad thst Sarah is not coming round. You will be worrying so much about her but hopefully she will turn to you again as will your granddaughter. Lifes a bitch!
Anyway, i really hope the clear beautiful sea in Greece will restore you.
Lots of love to you both.
Kate xxx

Thankyou Kate , for your kind words . I just hope we can enjoy our holiday after everything that is happening . It is so much like having a holiday after Dawn passed . But I must admit is was lovely to have a change of scienary . Slough the pain in my heart was always there . Just hoping we might come back to some good news . Love Maddie xx

1 Like

I hope so very much. Sarah will change i am sure.xxx

Dear Maddie I think on here, we know that the worst can happen and that makes us so anxious. You should think of yourselves for a while, you and John. Sarah must have so much swirling around in her head at the moment but I am sure she will come back to you.
Enjoy your lovely holiday in Greece and try not to let family problems spoil your time away. You really need a holiday and time away. Much love xxx

2 Likes

The worse thing , John will be 85 next week . I feel so sorry that Sarah doesn’t care . Jack has tried to tell her , that grandad is getting old . He is a fit person . But who knows what is around the corner . Especially with the bad luck we are having at the moment xx

2 Likes

Thankyou Victoria , yes pehaps a bit of time away might do us good , I am looking forward to it . But with Sarah not talking to us it’s hard . Hope you are enjoying your break . Hopefully speak soon . Love Maddie xx

2 Likes

Oh Maddie

How dreadful all that has happened and is happening both in ur family and friends.
Worst particularly is the situation with Sarah and ur ganddaughter.
There is nothing u can do to control any of what is going on, so u need to try and put it out of ur mind for a little while every day. There is an app called smiling mind that leads u thru very short meditations that can help u control all those intrusive thoughts.
I used to think soap operas were unbelievable as so much couldn’t happen in such a small area. However as i have gotten older i realise that there is a huge amount of trauma surrounding everyone.
Try to focus on ur holiday and having a relaxing time.
Love and hugs
Pauline x

2 Likes