Loss of our son aged 27

Oh what a beautiful day Sarah actually came this afternoon and popped in. card for tomorrow . She looked so well and loved the new cropped haircut . But atleast we have her X. She has been to hell and back telling us everything . It was a lovely move . That’s all that matters now . I could not stand losing another Daughter . We have been to visit Dawn and tell her I hope she came with us to Greece . The night we got back her picture slipped off the dresser . I so know she is with us every step of the way . After seeing Jackie with 75 questions , Dawn asked us one , she asked , do you feel me around you . We were gopsmaked . Unfortunately I don’t . But she said she.visit once a day . . We are going to see Jackie again in Decembeour 4 th visit . And it’s the best thing ever ? As we know was there with us , if anyone would like to see Jackie , it might take a few months as she is so busy , I can put you in touch with her . Believe me it’s the best thing ever . . With love Maddie xx

3 Likes

Thats lovely to read Maddie. So happy for you.
Today i took Brooke to the beach. She is the image of her Mummy from.the back. She moves in exactly the same way. It was like watching Lisa aged 7 at the same beach. Just amazing.

Love to you.

Kate xx

2 Likes

Thankyou Kate , so glad you are having happy times with Brooke . . Lisa would be so proud of you that you are looking after her baby girl so well . And she is giving you happy but bitter sweet memories . Take care will be thinking of you in the days ahead . Maddie xxxx

2 Likes

Absolutely Brilliant! So glad for you all. Xxxx

2 Likes

Thankyou Nell , hope you are ok xx

1 Like

Oh Maddie that is wonderful news. It is great to hear that Sarah came to visit u. I am sure Dawn had a hand in the visit. Wow that Dawn had a question for u. I went to see a medium when i first lost Conor. But haven’t been back. I would like to. Feel scared with all the turmoil that surrounds everything x

3 Likes

Thinking of you Jim and Peter and of course all Dad’s on this site today. My Alan is crying in the garden. Bless you all.

Kate xx

1 Like

Dear Kate, bless Alan today. Such a hard day for all the dad’s and like you thinking of Jim today. Also Maddie’s John (Dawn’s dad) and Michelle’s husband. Sending them all lots of love today xxx

2 Likes

Hi everyone, it is my grandson’s birthday today and he came over for lunch. I am so tearful today … so sad for him that he doesn’t have his mum here and I know he misses her especially on his birthday. It has really hit me hard.

We have Charlie too until this evening.
We are going on holiday tomorrow but today has floored me so much … the unfairness of it for those two beautiful boys. This photo of Gemma and Coren was taken just 3 weeks before we lost her :disappointed: x

4 Likes

I am so sorry, both for you and your grandson, as you miss Gemma so much, and no doubt, always will. It’s so sad that she is no longer here.
Obviously, I don’t know you or your family, but I just wanted to tell you that I thought she was a very beautiful lady.
I lost my husband three years ago, and although I am sure it’s nothing like losing a child, it still hurts like h…
Life’s a bit*h sometimes and the awful thing is, we all have to go through it.
Hugs,
AnnR

5 Likes

I know exactly how you are feeling Victoria. My heart breaks again and again whenever we attend a school event and the children are looking for their Mummies and Daddies. We always go as Jamie is working but i feel so sad Lisa isn’t here for her beautiful child.
Love to you, dear dear friend.

Kate xxx

3 Likes

Thank you Lisa and Ann xx

1 Like

Oh Victoria , I am so sorry you have had a bad day before you go on your lovely holiday tomorrow . Such a lovely photo of Coran and Gemma . . Why is life so cruel . Sarah has just text a minute ago . She was meeting up with some friends today whom she has not seen since a diognose . Just to find out that her friend has pancreatic cancer that has spread to her liver , she only found out yesterday , she is the same age as Sarah . I know every time Sarah hears things like this , she panicks , as I know she is worried her dreaded C might come back . What a life that we have to live on tenterhooks every day . Victoria , enjoy your holiday , as I know once you get away , things will settle , I know every time we went away after losing Dawn , I started to cry , I always felt guilty that I should not be going away . But our love ones I know now are always with us no matter where we are . So have a great time , will be thinking of you and Bill . Love Maddie . Xxx

2 Likes

Thank you Maddie, it is these difficult days that trip us up. xxx

2 Likes

Hi Victoria, we do know how these difficult days trip us up, over and over again. I feel so sorry for Coren, missing his Mum on his birthday. Dealing with everything is so hard and feelings cannot be put into words even for us never mind the young ones.
We’ve been through heartbreaking times over and over again when my Granddaughter needed her Mum, birthdays, Mothers Day, loosing her first tooth, riding her bike, school performances. days out (she once said “Mummy can’t come can she?”. I wish we could carry everything for them, especially on these more painful days.
I hope you have a nice time on holiday.
Love Chris xx

4 Likes

Dear Victoria,
Sending so much love to you, life is so very cruel, i can imagine how hard it must be seeing your beloved grandchildren suffer, its heartbreaking, thank goodness they all have such loving grandparents to give them love and remind them about their precious mommies :heart::pray: love to all Victoria Kate and Chris, from Michelle xxxx

2 Likes

Dear friends,
Just wanted to check in and ask how everyone is doing,? hope everyone is ok, am thinking of you Kate as i know you are approaching the anniversary of Lisa’s passing, not sure how we get through these anniversaries but somehow we do, i think we all know our precious children are always with us willing us on, yesterday was Matt’s birthday he would have been 27, hard to believe hes been gone for 4 years, we celebrated his birthday by having his favourite caterpillar cake at his grave and of course a drink or two to toast what an amazing son brother friend he was :heart: :guardsman: :beers: lots of his friends posted lovely messages saying how not a day goes by that they dont think of him and they will never forget what lovely funny caring friend he was, in their words “a Legend” bless them, it helps us so much that our children are remembered, we lit a candle on the cake and sang happy birthday at the cemetery and at the exact time we finished singing the candle went out :heart: these little signs keep us all going, his girlfriend Livvy who is now with someone else still comes to join us on these anniversaries and brought flowers and a lovely card saying how much she will always love him :heart::pray:, this is how we survive these days by keeping our precious children in the now, as Victoria says continuing bonds, i will always have 3 children we will always include Matt in everything we do as he will always be part of our family, he used to write on his messages "Family first Family forever " this is so true, sending you all much love :heart: Michelle xxxx

3 Likes

Dear Michelle , just want to wish Matt A happy belated birthday . Hope you got through the day ok . Yes our children will always be with us , in our hearts and minds . and will never ever be forgotten . . Can’t wait to see Jackie in December are 4 th visit . We asked Dawn 75 questions and she came back with everyone . I asked I know it was a a silly question , but I asked her is there anyway we could get closer to her ? And she replied no . But she said she visits us once a day . She also asked us a question , she said do you feel me around you . But sadly I don’t . So I am working on 80 questions this time . The best exsperiance ever , how can we not believe are children are around us . Take Michelle and all dear friends . Maddie xxx

2 Likes

Michelle, good to here how you got through Matts birthday. It is so hard without them isnt it. He was obviously very much loved and will be remembered forever by his loved ones and all his lovely friends.
Thankyou for your kind thoughts. Yes on the 10th it will be Lisa’s 35 birthday and on the 25th the anniversary. Tough times but we will get through.
I am taking Brooke to Jemmas tomorrow. I will just stay till Thursday as i have cottage changeovers at the weekend, but Brooke will stay for 2 weeks. She is so excited about it. She is a precious gift for sure.

Love to all.

Kate xxx

1 Like

Dear Michelle, so glad you celebrated your darling Matt’s birthday so beautifully. I think it is lovely to still celebrate these special days as though they were still here with us.
Kate, I am glad that you have such lovely times with your darling Brooke as grandchildren definitely soften the edges of our grief and make us smile.
Maddie, so glad you hear from Dawn through Jackie. It must be such a comfort to you and to know that Dawn is still around you.
I am so grateful for all of you … precious friends found through such heartbreak xxx

3 Likes