Loss of our son aged 27

Yes, you’ll always see your dear daughter whenever you look at your granddaughter. I’m sure that gives you great strength. :heart:

2 Likes

Hi Michelle - I got a great deal of comfort in the months after Joey’s death from other parents who had lost their sons & daughters. They shared their feelings and their thoughts on life having to go on, in spite of such horrific loss. That it does get easier. Please believe that, those of you new to this grief. Our lives are never going to be the same, but we owe it our children to go on. Strength to everyone!

4 Likes

Hi JoeysMum. Yes i see so many characteristics of our Lisa in Brooke. She is the exact same body shade. Her feet and hands an exact copy, well not technically but you get me. Its the turn of her head, a raised eyebrown, a little hop she does when running up to someone or something. Strange but lovely too. We are very lucky to have her.xxx

1 Like

Hi Joey’s mum, I am in awe of all you have achieved in Joey’s name. I did read many of his blogs and they were beautifully written.
I do think it helps if we can get involved in a project as it keeps us busy which means less time to ponder on what could have been or what we have lost.
We also owe it to our children to live a life that they were denied. For me also, I did not want my other children and particularly Gemma’s boys to live a life of sadness xxx

3 Likes

Hi all not been on for a while .so many new posts .im sorry youve had to join this family.but you have come to a good place to share your heartache.i lost my son sam 2 and half years now he was just 25 .had sarcoma it travelled everywhere 4 months he was gone .this site and the lovely people on it have kept me going .a lifeline we are the only people that get it .its a lonely place for Bereaved parents .im a night owl .but always someone answers you .its baby steps .thank you to everyone who have got me this far on this sad and lonely ride. Much love to you all old and new friends im so grateful for the care you have shown love zoe :heart:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Dear Zoe. Good to hear from you. Hope you are doing ok.

Much love. Kate xx

1 Like

This site has become family to me, it’s my lifeline xx

3 Likes

Because only we truly know how it feels. The ache in our hearts, the yearning for our children. The empty space that will never be filled.
Yes, we are a family.

Love and hugs to you.

Kate xx

3 Likes

Im so sorry for your loss such early days .the thing about this site your never judged thinking of uou all big hugs zoe xx

1 Like

Thank you. The pain we feel is horrendous, but I’m trying to keep busy which helps. I find writing my daily journal helps as I feel I’m writing it to my son what I’ve done each day and how I feel. To be honest I still can’t believe he’s not here, but can’t think ahead very far as the panic sets in x

2 Likes

Just wanted to share my little story .i was in dorset with my friend at the chalet .a robin always comes to say hello .and me being me say hello sam and have a conversation . Well this day it hopped past me and went inside.he sat on the chair top singing at me .but then he couldnt get out .it was so mad he let me catch him in a teatowel but my hands touched his fur it was magical as i let him go out the window. Big hugs zoe…xxx

5 Likes

9 Likes

That is so lovely. We have a robin come to the garden every day❤️ xx

1 Like

This is one safe place where we are not judged whatever our circumstances. I fully believe no one in the outside world understands the pain and how bereavement affects you. I just can’t be bothered with many people xx

4 Likes

Nobody does nor can comprehend the pain.
Much love.
Kate xxx

4 Likes

Yes i feel grief is a very lonely road . You find out your true friends .i want to shout from roof tops sam did exist . I want to talk about him xxx much love zoe :heart:

3 Likes

We have one but last 5 years ive said hello Emily to my daily visitor…do i now change to my sons name! I have bought a big bag of robin food just arguing with the starlings who will demolish it all

3 Likes

Two years ago tomorrow since my sons funeral. Been thinking about it a lot today. Trying to fill in the gaps of things I don’t remember of that day, do I even need to?
Yes grief is a very lonely road, I’ve had experience of that this week in fact. Some family members just don’t understand.
Yes I know it’s 2 years, I sometimes think they think I should be getting better. Unfortunately as we all know, losing a child is……I can’t even put it into words the way I’m feeling right now.
Work is going ok, up to 4.75 hours this week. Managed to hold it together so far, just hope I can tomorrow.
Thinking of you all xx

3 Likes

My so true friend is no longer my true friend, she never asks how I am, how the inquest went, I’m done with all the negativity from her. It’s a lonely road, I want to talk about my son all the time, I do it in my head xx

3 Likes