Loss of our son aged 27

Hi all dear friends. Just sitting watching the wind blowing a gale and thinking of happy times Christmas shopping with Lisa. Memories can’t be taken away.
Panto tonight with Jemma and Brooke so looking forward to that.
Love to all dear friends

Kate xxxxxx

3 Likes

It’s blowing a gale where I am. Have nice evening and peaceful Christmas. My first Christmas without my son, but will get through it xx

3 Likes

@Frankie2 those are beautiful words, thank you x

2 Likes

I know how you feel. A strange thing happened to my husband and I yesterday,we were on a bus going to pick up our car from being service, when suddenly it announced the next stop,but not the stop that was the next stop. The stop it said was the stop we used to get off to meet our late son,which was another bus route. I am sure it was my beautiful son trying to give us a message?

7 Likes

Dear Pest, That’s lovely. When my son left a beautiful flower bloomed, quiet out of season, in my garden. I thought it was a gift from him, he loved the garden and all the beautiful plants. Hang on to that message.
To all those spending the first Christmas apart, be patient with yourself, all things will pass. Time and time alone will help you live with this new reality.
Sending you love to everyone.

5 Likes

I love it when these signs appear and they stay long in my memory. So comforting xx

3 Likes

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
May everyone find peace this Christmas.
Best wishes and love to everyone.
xxx

6 Likes

To all my friends on here old and new thinking of you all on this journey wishing you all a peaceful Christmas. This is my third xmas without sam and I would not have got through without you .its a little easier with time but oh how much we miss him my superhero much lo e and big hugs love zoe :heart:

9 Likes

Wishing a peaceful Christmas to all my friends on here. I don’t know where I would be without you all … you have kept me going through the last 5 years in the days when I could hardly put one foot in front of the other. I miss my darling Gemma every day but I can look forward now thanks to you all.
Sending so much love to you this Christmas :christmas_tree::heart:

6 Likes

VictoriaP, wishing you peace. I’ve had a few tears today but re grouped, but reading your post has given me so much hope, that I can and will get through this journey. I’ve had some really good days and only an hour ago myself and partner were laughing so much our sides were aching. Take care xx

4 Likes

Wishing you all the best Christmas that you can have under the circumstances this is my 1st one without my son. Thanks to all of you that have kept me going over the last 6 months its good to have someone to talk to that you know understands exactly how you feel. Love hugs and best wishes to you all :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I am glad you have hope because life does get easier. The first Christmas I barely got through but everyone has got easier. I still get tearful but get over it so much quicker. I think we learn to realise our triggers and can avoid them.
Much love to you xx

3 Likes

Love and hope and strength to all of you dear friends here. We can get through this with each others help. Only we know what this feels like so we know how to comfort each other.
Love to all.

Kate xxx

6 Likes

Sending love and strength to old and new friends, together we are strong, its 4 and half years now since my lovely Matt was taken and our 5th Christmas, i can’t believe i have survived, its still so very painful but you will survive just as we all have, am thinking of our friends who are approaching your first Christmas without your precious children, we are all here for you and feel your pain :broken_heart: take care, be kind to yourselves , Christmas blessings to you all :heart: xxxxx

3 Likes

Hi mattsmon,
I am approaching my second Christmas without my beloved son,he passed away in November 2022 and this year feels even more difficult than the first as we were in such pain,denial and disbelief that this year reminds me that he isn’t coming home.
Such difficult times for us all.
My love and prayers are with you.
Jayne xxx

7 Likes

Dear Jayne,
I remember the second year and feeling the same, you feel so sad that time is moving on without them like we are leaving them further behind :broken_heart: but like Victoria says it does with time get a little more berable, our children will always be with us death cannot break the bond we have, they are safety tucked in our heart pockets :heart: intil its time to meet them again :pray: sending you love my friend :heart: xxxxx
Michelle xxxx

1 Like

I haven’t written on here for a long time, but I still sometimes read your posts.
It seems we will carry our griefs with us for the rest of our lives.
Times like this are particularly hard when we remember happier Christmases when our children were small. I have been so lucky, I’ve had a lot of joy in my life.
I miss my son beyond words, and I continue to worry about the rest of the family - we are all so stricken by his absence. But we must be strong and help each other through this.
Wishing all bereaved parents on this site a peaceful festive season - may you have moments of hope and contentment.
Susan J. :broken_heart:

7 Likes

Massimum,
Sorry for sending you an incomplete message!!
I totally understand your what you’re saying about the loss of your child and like me it’s unbelievable pain.
Thank you for sharing your experiences and I wish you a very peaceful day tomorrow.
Love Jayne xxx

4 Likes

Hello zoe9 how are you coping? How are you keeping it together this Christmas . Yes it’s the 3 rd one for us and I was being hopeful, and have coped up until now but the melt down has just hit me again. Just comes out of nowhere and WHAM !!! smacks you flat. Trying to hide it from my family and have come on here because who else can I talk to who “ gets it” oh I will try and pull myself together, put on a brave face ,but it’s all just so broken, I am literally shaking all over. Nothing will ever feel right/complete/ whole again and it’s all so hard, just a game of let’s pretend. When the melt downs hit I just think, oh what’s the point !?
Well there we are , I know you will all understand , thanks for listening .
Big hug to you Zoe and all on this awful roller coaster journey . Jess xx

2 Likes

Hi Michelle,
Thank you for your kind words.
We got through Christmas Day,just New Year’s now.
It’s all just so painful and sad.
I hope you’re ok?
Love Jayne xxx

2 Likes