Loss of our son aged 27

Dear Zoe,
Lovely to hear from you, i will be thinking of you on the 12th, it will be 5 years on 5th May since we lost Matt, on the 1st july he would also have been celebrating his 28th Birthday, :broken_heart: not sure Zoe how we managed to get this far but somehow we have, its been such a comfort having support from everyone on this site :people_hugging: :heart: , Matt passed on a Sunday the day before the May day bank hols and this year his anniversary will fall on a Sunday which will be especially hard for us bringing back all those heartbreaking memories of the awful knock at the door, take care lovely and keep Sam safe in your heart pocket :heart: hope your lovely daughter and grandchildren are keeping you going much love xxxx

4 Likes

Lovely to hear from you Michelle. Yes, another Mothers day without our beautiful children. I have also been thinking of all friends here. We have walked together, helping each other through dark days and restless nights.
5 years for us too Michelle. We miss them so very much but now i can remember happy days too, which were blocked by grief in the earlier stages of this journey.
Sending love to you and all the wonderful Mothers and Fathers we have met on this site.
Kate xxxx

4 Likes

Dear all lovely friends, Kate, Maddie, Helen, Chris, Purple, Zoe, Jess, Nell, Pest. Susan, Joeyā€™s Mum and Jim, I too have been thinking of you all and I now carry you all in my heart as we have faced this sad journey together ā€¦ you have all given me so much strength.
I picture us all walking hand in hand along a road together.
Mothers Day is always hard for us now and I will be thinking of you all and our beautiful children on Sunday especially :heart:

5 Likes

Hello Everyone, it is lovely to hear from you all although it is ahead one of those significant events when our loss feels so much harder. I remember the first Mothers Day after I lost Jo 8 years ago. I could hardly breath and I wanted the floor to open and swallow me up. As you say Kate, grief blocked out everything and it is now easier to remember better times. But when I open my eyes each day, The World looks and is a very different place, everything I see is not the same as it once was.
I wish you all a peaceful Mothers Day.
Love Chris x

4 Likes

Hi Kate Victoria and Chris lovely to hear from you all :heart: Victoria that sounds lovely thinking of us all holding hands and supporting each other :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart: xxxx

4 Likes

Sam our superhero would be 28 today .three years have passed it feels like yesterday. Hope all our children are in a better place forever young :pray: :heart:

10 Likes

Happy Heavenly Birthday Sam, thinking of you Zoe :heart: :people_hugging::heart:, lovely photos, sending my love xxxx

1 Like

Happy Birthday beautiful boy.
Sendling love and hugs Zoe.

Kate xxx

1 Like

Hi Zoey - hard to believe itā€™s 3 years since you lost Sam. Iā€™m sending you my love and thoughts xxxxx

2 Likes

Thinking of you and your boy.

1 Like

Hello to everyone on here. Weā€™ve come through another Mothersā€™ Day - all these significant dates are so hard, arenā€™t they? I donā€™t know how we keep going, but somehow we do. There is such a huge gap in our lives. We will never stop loving or missing our lost children. Soon, for me, it will be 2 years since Oliver died and sometimes I still canā€™t believe it. I try to stay strong for the family, but I know they are suffering too. I find social situations very difficult and my energy levels are low. Being a mum was all I ever wanted to be, and I was so lucky to have three beautiful children - losing Oli is so hard to bear. There are no words to describe it.
I wish peace and strength to all of you out there. I donā€™t post very often, but I do read your messages and know that you are all trying to find your way through this life. We are not alone. Bless you all - Susan J. :broken_heart:

5 Likes

What a handsome chap :heart:

1 Like

Hi Zoe thank you for posting photos of your beautiful boy ā€¦ you are in my thoughts.
I read this quote today which resonated with me:

ā€˜There is no crappier but fiercer club than the bereaved parents club. We live between here and there foreverā€™.

Short but so true xx

2 Likes

So true victoria ā€¦thank you all for your kind messages . Been a very strange day waiting but for what the reality is our babies are in a better place .sending big hugs xxx

2 Likes

Hi Michelle and friends, old and newā€¦

Iā€™ve just logged on now. Buried my head in the sand.

I hope you found some peace around Motherā€™s Day. Tears come but they do ebb away. Iā€™m sure this will always be the case now.

Much love to you
Purple

6 Likes

Thinking of you Zoe and the family , 3 years seems a long time but it still feels like yesterday to me , itā€™s all wrong and so so hard, sending love :heart::heart::heart:xxxxXX

6 Likes

Hi jess i think of you often i know loosing our boys was around the same time .its mad but i feel so empty. Its never ok really we put a front on but the missing never goes away . Xx

3 Likes

Yes Zoe we put on a front but are always screaming on the inside. Who would think life could still feel so wrong after all this time. It feels like Life will never be right again , I canā€™t adjust , I just feel I am waiting for things to FIT again, to be in the right place, if that makes any sense, but they never will. I feel I will never make sense of anything anymore. Still waiting and hoping one day at a time xxx

4 Likes

I feel the same it is one year today I lost my son Luke, I do not think I will ever get over it, I miss him so much, I can do nothing but love him today.

4 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry Viv that today is a sad anniversary for you.
Every day is a sad one for grieving parents, but anniversaries are particularly hard.
We will go on missing and loving our lost children for the rest of our lives.
Sending love :broken_heart:

3 Likes