to know that sheā€™s accepted
seemed to lighten up her day

so let your sad accompany you
donā€™t think her hard to bear
no need to face her all alone
just pull an extra chair.

Donna Ashworth
ā€˜Sadness comesā€™

This poem is for #mentalhealthawarenessweek, I hope it will help each of us understand one anotherā€™s emotions and complicated hearts better.

6 Likes

Hi Helen , your words are very true, thank you for your kind thoughts, it is very comforting to think I am not alone and we are all in this together but wish we could turn back time. All my love Pete (bluebird)

3 Likes

So sorry to hear about your son itā€™s so sad Iā€™m only a year younger than him he had his whole life in front of him. Iā€™ve recently lost my dad and I have so much anger and guilt and donā€™t know who to talk to

5 Likes

Hello Bluebird,
Yes, I too would love to turn back time, I also have 2 stepsons one of which is absolutely fantastic and would do anything for me, but the other is an alcoholic in complete denial and treats everybody including his dad and mum and me like dirt stinks to high heaven his house and himself because that apparently is a trait of alcoholics, and heā€™s still here and like Lee the older stepson says I know where youā€™re coming from Sam should still be here and my brother gone not the other way aroun Lee has no time whatsoever for Wayne will not speak to him and has absolutely nothing to do with him, yes I am angry that Wayne is still
here and Sam not I just donā€™t understand why.
love Helen

3 Likes

Dear Victoria,
Its 4.25 am in the morning and im at work, i was scrolling through FB and read this D. Ashworth poem and thought how i could relate, i then went on the Sue Ryder site straight after and came straight to your post, we are all so strongly connected :heart: sending you much love my friend xxxxx

3 Likes

I feel as though we are all connected through our beautiful children and hope they have found each other as we have. Much love to you :heart:

3 Likes

Hello dear friends.
This time for me is the most difficult. Its the start of the end. Lisa arrived at the ARI on 31st May 2019 having been picked up by a recovery team who placed her on ECMO. I travelled to Aberdeen on 1st June with little Brooke. Jamie and Jemma were already there.
Nobody could have prepared me for the sight of my child with so many tubes in her and having been incubated and in an induced coma. Her face and eyes were so swollen, her lips were cracked and bleeding. OMG i was completely overcome. My poor baby. Why has she had to suffer this way?
In the following days and weeks there were hopes for recovery, then hopes dashed, then hope again then no hope.
I lokk back and i canā€™t believe we managed to live through all this. Watching my child give up. She had enough. She didnt want to be unable to be the person and mother to Brooke and living partner to Jamie that she had been. She was so brave to let go. Our beautiful, strong and courageous daughter. Miss her so much.xx

10 Likes

So sorry for your sadness but you will meet your beautiful daughter again when the time is right. Love and hugs to you. Iā€™m sure we all feel your loss along with our own sadness, xxx

3 Likes

Thankyou. You are all here when i need to reach out. I am sure it helps us through our bad times. Its not an easy road we travel but together we are stronger.

Much love,

Kate xx

5 Likes

I sometimes wonder where our strength comes from. If we knew what we were going to face and live through, we would not have thought it possible ā€¦ but here we all are, we are surviving and living our lives. We are experiencing love and laughter once again but always with a large part of our hearts broken.
I will be thinking of you, Kate, especially at this time with all the sad and difficult memories. Sending you lots of love and huge hugs xxx

6 Likes

Lovely kate you have helped me through many dark days.thinking of you lovely lady and your family.its heartbreaking all the sadness we go through while trying to live this life.with a gaping hole of sadness. Always grateful to you and all my dear friends .always in my thoughts big hugs zoe xxx stay strong kate xx

3 Likes

Dear Kate,
I am thinking of you my friend as you replay each day over in your mind, its truly heartbreaking :broken_heart: , none of us know how we have managed to get this far but you and all our lovely friends on this site have certainly helped me, its hard to believe our precious children have been gone 5 years, keep fighting on lovely lady, we are all here for you always :heart:, sending much love and hugs to you Kate and all our dear friends :heart: xxxxxx

3 Likes

Thankyou dear Michelle. Yes its such a long time now. Thatā€™s what seems to be playing on my mind. So long since we heard their voices, seen their smile, felt their touch. Time seems to me to make it worse, or should i say, just now when we have to relive the horror of what has happened. Mostly we are ok. For us, Brooke is our guiding light. Without her i dont know where any of us would be.
Lisa left us the greatest gift.xx
Love to you dear friend and all of you here.
Always in my heart. Much love. Kate xx

3 Likes

I can completely empathise. Our beautiful daughter passed a year ago on June 20th, a fortnight after her 52nd birthday.
I never dreamt it was possible to feel such pain and loss and I donā€™t think I shall ever be free from it.
Her legacy is the love she generated for her by friends, family and strangers and two beautiful sons.

6 Likes

Its just the most catastrophic thing. We are not prepared to lose our children. Its the worst feeling. The wrench of loss. The yearning for them. Nothing compares.
Good yiu found us. We have all experienced what you are feeling just now. We are the only ones who truly know.
Keep posting new friend. We will help you on this terrible journey.

Much love,

Kate xxx

3 Likes

One of those mornings when I woke up crying thinking my girl and the unfairness of losing her. Missing her so much today and longing to sit and chat with her.
6 years now thankfully these mornings are much less infrequent but still hurt just as much. I hope you are all doing okay my friends :heart:

5 Likes

Hello Victoria, we would never have imagined how difficult this journey would be. Itā€™s brutal and relentless. As time goes by, the void seems bigger, the world seems smaller and we are so different. There are obstacles everywhere. But we are surviving. We understand each other and that is precious and it gets us through a lot of the days when we struggle.
Sending you love and strength.
Love Chris x

6 Likes

Its so hard for us all. I think.of Lisa every minute. So many things bring the memories back. Her little wave and glowing smile if we passed each other whilst driving. The way she said ā€˜helloā€™ when she phoned. Its 5 years in July for us.
Life has been hard on us all. No-one else can feel the psin we feel unless they too have lost a child.

Sending love and hugs to you dear friend and all friends here.

Kate xxx

4 Likes