Lost Dad 3 days before Christmas

Jooles
My mum had so much patience and she remembered french from 60 years ago and used to sit and help Ellis with her french homework.
She always had the enthusiasm to entertain her whereas I was so tired from work. I’m not known for my patience either.
I miss mum so much in our lives. I cant see how this will get better x

My mum remembered her french from school too.
If I start to think of all I’ve lost, it’s overwhelming. I think my brain is trying to blot out bits at the moment.

My mum
Was brilliant at maths. I could never grasp it. She never lost her patience. Yet I try and help the kids and I’m yelling at them probably because I don’t understand it either

My mum was actively learning french! Sadly she could never resume her studies after our holiday and so I gave her large collection of reading books are course materials to her french teacher. She also sadly could never resume her dance lessons for which she had collected many certificates and was due to be working on her next one.
Makes you wonder about all this knowledge and memory gained over a lifetime, wiped out in a moment.

I know daffy x

1 Like

Right Shaun?!??
All the thoughts and memories and experiences …

It all means nothing doesnt it? Years of life just gone and reduced to a few photos and bits of property.
So depressing.

This message was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 500 replies.

This message was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 500 replies.

Hi everyone,
Sorry, I didn’t realise the thread would auto-close after a certain number of replies. It looks as though I can still reply as admin, so I am just letting you know that Daffy has started a continuation of this thread here: Lost Mum/Dad - Daily chat (part 2)