Lost my husband suddenly in November

Hi Anny
Its good to hear that you are going out, Even if it is an emotional effort and even if you dont stay long it seems an important step to going forward.
Very best wishes
Julia

Hi Girls, nice to hear from old and new voices on this forum. My husband died 18 months ago today (aged 53) and all I can say is I’m surviving, as are my daughters (22/24). We do laugh and we do smile Now with more regularity and we do remember how lucky we were . My present and future lives are so different from the ones I imagined. Life is for living and we owe it to those not here to live it. I’m not sure yet that I can say it gets easier but I do believe mindset and outlook are important forces in your survival toolbox. So are good friends and kindness and care. Love to you all Cx

1 Like

Dear Chell,
Mrs Colt has hit the nail on the head, we do have PTSD.
How is your daughter? I hope that the healing did some good for both of you, it is true that at such a young age you should still be making memories. We were lucky, I do realise that, we had all those years together and 3 and a 1/2 years before then, when we were “walking out”.
Take good care of yourself,
Blessings
MaryL

Hi all,
Sunday again, I think it’s one of the hardest days to get through, tend to sit and think more.
Yesterday was a bad day cried all day, done normal things like food shopping and washing and thinking what is the point .
My husband Tim started decorating the hall, so it’s half done so today I’ll think I will try to finish it, couldn’t face it before , but want to finish off what he started. Just upsetting that he won’t see it finished.
Hope everyone trying to stay strong.
Steph x

1 Like

How was your night out Annie? :thinking: xx

Crazy Kate
It’ was ok, I was very anxious all night but I managed to get through the night, there’s a lot of strange people out there , but the people that I went out with were such good company, think I might do it again but not for a while

1 Like

Well done Annie. Your man will be so proud of you. Good company is worth a lot and provides a distraction even if only for a short time. I’m pleased it was ok for you. Take care. Xx

Hi Steph

I really don’t like sundays as it’s the day my husband Chris passed away, I’ve had days that I’ve cried all day I just think it’s part of the grieving process that we all have to go through it’s all about our feelings that we have for our loved ones, and I believe the more you loved them the harder it is, we traveled a lot and lived our lives together didn’t matter about anyone else, we could have lived on a desert island and we would have been happy, and that’s the problem because the more you live or travel the more memories you have, and that’s all you have left so I believe that we have to life our lives as best as we can for them also

Take care
Annie xx

1 Like

Hi Julia

I had a nice evening it was odd at times especially when some music was played and the memories just flowed in my mind sad but I think we have to go through this it’s all about feelings and emotions isn’t it.
Take care
Annie

Hi Annie
I too had my first night out since Colin passed​:scream: I have been out for lunch with friends several times but last night was my first proper evening out. A meal and drinks in a few local haunts. I bumped into a couple of people some who knew Colin had passed others who didn’t but my Sister stepped in and did the needful, didn’t stop me welling up mind you but people in general are kind and compassionate. I can’t say I enjoyed it like I would had Colin been with me but that’s never going to happen again so I/we need to adjust to this new life. At least we have done it now and lived to tell the tale. Well done us :clap:
V xx

1 Like

Well done, Anny and V, both of you have taken a big stride in the right direction, I do not mean to be patronising,
A very good friend of mine (she has been constant in her support) has asked me to go to Bingo with her, neither of us likes it much but at least it will give me something to look forward to. My friend told me that it was very entertaining listening to the comments of some of those who were there. her husband died a long time ago whilst they were quite young, she does understand what grief is all about.
Take care, both of you,
Love,
Mary x x

Hi Mary, thank you I am quite proud of myself having gone out and survived it :roll_eyes:
You should go to the Bingo with your friend, I went once and it wasn’t my cup of tea the numbers were shouted out to quickly for my brain capacity :joy: but it was a good laugh and I am sure you will enjoy the company and interaction with others. Remember if your numbers come up I want a share of your winnings :rofl::rofl:
Love
V xx

1 Like

Hi Anny,
Thank you for your lovely message, you’re right in what you say, lovely memories will live with us forever.
You’re very brave going out on your own , I feel I couldn’t yet but in time maybe.
Everyone’s so lovely on this site, you feel you can say what you’re feeling because we’re all in the same boat, especially when you feel you can’t talk to people around you because they expect you to be over it. Just because their lives are still the same they expect you to be , it’s so upsetting when they don’t know how you feel, but this site is helping me a lot. Thank you everyone on here.
Sending love .
Steph x

Just made a start on clearing out Colin’s ‘Man cave’ He was into target shooting so I have given a lot of these things to his friends from the various clubs he was in but there is a lot I have no clue about so have bagged it up for disposal. Had to sell his beloved guns asap due to the licencing laws :cry: sad to think of the hours he spent stripping & polishing them & now they are gone. I keep thinking he will be so angry at me getting rid of everything but reality has hit me that he is not coming back so I need to make a start no matter how much it is hurting. Will take it slowly and do a bit every time I feel up to it which will take months probably :roll_eyes:
Sending love to all of you struggling today
V xx

Hi V,
I’ve been struggling today, I need to get it in my head that Tim’s not coming back, trouble is when I think that, I can’t handle it so I keep busy to try not to think .
You’ve done well making a start on colin’s bits, it must of been really hard sorting through the stuff he loved . I know I must think of doing that but as you say it’s when we feel we can , doesn’t matter how long it takes.
Keep strong.
Steph x

Sorry you are struggling today Steph, it’s a living hell isn’t it. I honestly don’t know how we get through each day. It’s 14 weeks for me without Colin :cry: when it first happened I never thought I would survive it and still be here months later but I am and so are you and all the others on here so well done us :clap:
Keep your chin up lovely
XX

1 Like

Thank you ,
Yes we’ll done all of us on here, let’s keep each other strong.
Sending hugs,
Steph x

1 Like

So sorry to hear of your loss. My husband passed away suddenly in December, thankfully at home. I keep getting flashbacks to that day and finding him. I know I need to try and put those thoughts to the back of my mind and focus on the good times but grief is such a horrible thing. Now the days are getting longer I am finding it harder as think of all the things we were looking forward to doing. Thankfully, we have the support of everyone on here which has been a great comfort to me so far and together we can get each other through this xx

Hi anst,
So sorry for the loss of your husband.
It’s such a shock sudden loss, one minute every thing is normal and then bang everything changes in an instant. And we never think it would happen to us. My husband went out to work all was fine, then I got a phone call , he had a cardiac arrest, was on machines for three days but he was already gone nothing they could do. My whole world has fallen apart.
I also keep getting flashbacks like you it’s so horrible and with the better weather coming we had so many plans.
My thoughts are with you, keep posting on here, it has made me feel a bit better as everyone understands exactly what you’re feeling, you’re not alone .
Keep strong.
Steph x

I too lost my husband and mum within 10months last year my advice to you is to try and keep busy you will cry when you need to its not easy but its helped me