Lost the love of my life

Hi Nic
My husband too died of pancreatic cancer after a 16 month fight. He was always so fit and strong but this cancer soon develops complications.
Please private message me if you would like to talk as this is such a long hard journey. I am now 3 years a widow but the pain never leaves me because it is a cancer that can be present for many years before diagnosed.
I send you my heartfelt sympathy. Xx

3 Likes

I lost my mum last year October I felt lost she was
My friend also just days are hard times I look at her
Picture like she is still here

5 Likes

Hi Angie
Thank you for your message x
Paul was the same fit and healthy the week before he found out about this awful cruel illness he had been a keen gym goer. He battled for 18 months he had the whipple operation and I thought he was going to get through it I really did but yes like you say there was such complications sometimes I do wonder if he would have been better not to of had that operation.
The whole thing fills me with such sadness how much he suffered was just heart breaking he could barely eat and when he did it was the plainest of foods… he suffered tremendously. I am so broken like us all I miss him terribly I feel extremely low it’s only been 5 weeks. I know I have to carry on keep going I have 2 beautiful girls but it’s tough. This pain will never leave me x x

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss vinny

1 Like

Your mum would want you to be strong

1 Like

Hi bunny sorry for your loss
I get a lot out of my photos of paul I talk to him everyday kiss them hold them for that time that I do it makes me think I’m holding him…
Do what ever you feel gives you comfort
Take care about f you x

Hi Nic 14.
Same here Nic. Ron was fine until he started chemo and as it was a very strong chemo he became weak and like your hubby could not eat. I tried all kinds of food but no one seemed concerned at how weak he was. He also had terrible diarrhoea. He was just over 8 stone when he died. They stopped chemo for him to have radiotherapy and he got stronger during that time and put Weight on, but as soon as he had Nanno knife operation he was back to square one. Fortunately he was more uncomfortable than in pain and he passed peacefully with Sepsis… As you say ,it is a dreadful disease and is not diagnosed until too late. I wish Ron had carried on as normal rather than have chemo and the operation because the tumour was so tiny and never grew any bigger in 16 months.But we all take a chance at life not knowing there is no quality involved when your body starts to give up.
I am so sorry, and your husband looks so young. Please private message me if ever you want to chat.
Xx

1 Like

Hi
I am so sorry to hear about you husband to it sounds so similar to paul… he had constant toilet troubles he could not even some days leave the house he was constantly on the toilet then he would feel weak and just be laying in bed in pain… he lost about 3 stone then had bouts of chemo which bless his heart he battled through he was such a strong man it’s just heartbreaking to watch. His tumour was on the head of the pancreas but then spread to his lining of his stomach to then be in his blood and nodes… I watched him deteriorate daily… it was hell if I’m honest… the pain he suffered will never leave my mind. He was young yes he was 46 it’s his birthday next month… they told us last year in January he had a year to live but I never wanted to believe that. It’s so cruel and just agonising to watch someone you love in so much pain and fight for there life. I just don’t get it… I am full of why…. Devastated to my bones.
Thank you so much for your kind words x x

4 Likes

I just want to say yes you would take the chance I also think if he did not have the operation he would not of had maybe as many complications but he then would not of had as much time. But the time it gave was full of pain and suffering but yes he was not to ever know that. You do take any chance. My heart is truly broken and for everyone’s stories it’s just crushing Xx

1 Like

Hi vinny sorry to hear about your loss
Your mum will be with you every day

1 Like

So sorry Vinny. The loss of your mother is so hard to bear. It is the loss of a very, very good friend. She will be with you still and always in your heart

2 Likes

It soon nice having this chat room it’s nice talking to people in the same situation as yourself
Thanks everyone
I’ve been to my husbands resting place today I go every week and have a good talk to him always makes me feel a little better

3 Likes

That’s nice x

1 Like

Sorry I did not mean that’s nice going to you husband’s rest in place I meant your photo and kind words sorry x

1 Like

It fine I didn’t think bad of what you said thought it was nice
Hope you’re ok and having a good day

1 Like

Thank you not bad just working today and come home and try and cook which I am rubbish at normally I live on takeaway i will learn one day how about you how’s your day been have you been a work today x

I’m off this week sorting stuff in the house been wallpapering my daughter room
Tomorrow doing two walls in my sons room
You will get the hang of cooking just takes time
Hope you’re days been ok

Hi lilyboost hope you’re doing ok
Hope your son is ok and getting the help he needs
And hope you’re daughter is ok to

Hi JayneS hope you’re keeping ok
I’m not looking forward to Christmas or new year but going to have to make it the best I can for the kids even tho that are teenagers

1 Like

My daughter what’s use to have memorial for her dad and my brother as never got chance to have a wake for either off them due to covid and was only limited to a small amount of people for both

1 Like