Love You Forever

Dear Jean

Thank you. You are probably right but it is getting fixed as at first our daughter was thinking of taking it. Hopefully will get sufficient from a garage to cover repair costs and some extra.
It is so stressful. Friends/family said if you need anything just ask but when I have they have either not returned the calls or say they are busy. So I am just plodding on myself. Our son and his partner have a little one and are expecting another so I cannot put on him anymore than I already so. Have been trying to step back so that they can just be the little family they deserve to be without me hanging round their necks.

Finding life so difficult.

I have just lost my partner of 17 years, we didn’t live together but were making plans to move in together this year. He didn’t have a will because we were going to sort everything when we got our new house. So legally I am nothing to him. His two sons are sorting everything out I’m not even getting a say on funeral arrangements. I don’t want the money or his house but just to be recognised would’ve been nice…

Hi. I know how you feel. I went through something very similar. In the eyes of others I was nobody but he was the love of my life and we were soulmates. It’s heartbreaking when you can’t be with them in their final journey xx

@Shazzy until I came on here I had no idea that unmarried partners had so little say or rights when the other partner died. We were married and had a Will, which made everything so much simpler

Dear Richard

We were married but no Will. I have had to provide details of my husband’ estranged father (as best I can never met the man) in case any money has to pass to him. I know this will not be the case as we have two kids and a grandson - there is also not that much money - but my husband would be distraught that his dad has been brought into probate when the man never even paid maintenance to my late mother-in-law.

I agree it is unfair that partners have no say or rights.

Sheila

1 Like

I know, his brothers have been supportive towards me and are actually ashamed of what the boys are doing, and are trying to keep me in the loop, but at least I have wonderful memories of holidays, weekends away and just the time we spent together… Still hurts though.

@Sheila26 we ONLY had a Will as we originally wanted to specify who would look after our son in the event of us both dying. He is now an adult and hasn’t lived with us for over ten years. That badly outdated Will was an unbelievable help when dealing with Karen’s estate. Like you there wasn’t much money involved, the majority of our estate is all tied up in the value of the house, the pension companies valued that Will, as did the banks. I cannot stress enough that couples should have a Will as it makes it so much easier should the worse thing happen

1 Like

Shazzy, that is awful. Thinking of you

Nobody can take the beautiful memories you have. It’s almost five months since I lost my partner and it’s still so difficult to get through each day. How long has it been since your loss? X

For myself just over a year ago on the 3rd March 2020 I lost my mum after she suffered from a massive stroke and never regained consciousness. Luckily I was nearby with my sister and dad. She passed away in Queen Elizabeth hospital Kings Lynn as my parents moved from Dorking Surrey to just outside of Wisbech Cambridgeshire and I live in Leatherhead Surrey. She was in hospital for 3 day’s it was a complete shock as she didn’t have any serious medical conditions. She was 85 years young.

Mark went to work on the evening of 5th February 2021, within an hour he was a missing person… It was believed at the time that he’d fallen in the river that runs at the side of his work. Because of the plans we were making, his financial situation and no mental health issues the police ruled out suicide. His body was recovered from the river on the 14th March and we got official confirmation last Wednesday… As far as I am aware they haven’t released the body for burial yet… I walked the banks of the river for 5 weeks and its only since he’s been found his boys have told me it’s nothing to do with me…

Thinking of you. Very sad. X

1 Like

That’s so sad. You must be devastated. Sending you lots of love xx

Sheila. If you were married the estate will automatically come to you. If your husband had a will and left something to his father then that would be different but you said he didn’t have a will so where his father comes into it I really don’t know. I would change your solicitor or question why your husband’s father has even been brought into the equation.

Have been on the Government website. So much would automatically come to me then cascade down to include his living parents. As I say do not think it will come to that but not happy to have to put it on forms. Could only give small amount of info as do not know anything about that side of the family.

What a beautiful poem. Sums up exactly the need to hear or see my lovely husband. Four months today since he passed and I still can’t comprehend not having him in my life.
He left me suddenly after only 3.5 years treasured years together.

Laneyb

So sorry for your loss of your husband. Being married for such a short time too must hurt you so bad.
It’s been nearly 8 weeks since I lost the love of my life and still can’t believe it. We weren’t married, but I had 10 years with him and that wasn’t long enough. How I hate this Covid.
Poems express feelings far better than I could ever say and sadly they do bring tears to my eyes. Doesn’t take much now though as I’m sure you already know.

xx

Yes I hate this covid too. It has so much to answer for. It devastatingly took my mum 7 weeks ago. I am heartbroken she was my world. I get so angry when I hear any mention of covid.
Thinking of you.
Joy

I hate covid too, my lovely Geoff would still be here if not for that. Almost 18 weeks without him.
So many people gone who should be with us still.
Love to you all. Xxxxxx

I’m really sorry to hear of your loss. I don’t know how I can carry on, I’m sure you feel the same.
Love to you xxx