Missing you ❤️

What’s wrong with today it’s been so horrible and lonely since morning and it seems to be going downhill all the way. I am feeling so sad, tired, drained, empty and lonely - so bloody horrible :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart:

4 Likes

Luke , I have my husband’s wedding ring on a chain around my neck too.

@Luke
What a lovely idea…
I love my ashes ring, earrings being made…
I made all my children cushions out of his jumpers which they love and saved one for myself to cuddle and cry on :frowning:

2 Likes

Beautiful xx

1 Like

My friend in England made this for me my
Fiancé hair in a ring with opals

2 Likes

That is gorgeous.

1 Like

So lovely
My birthstone is Opal born 3rd October
Feeling but down today you’re ring brought happy tears :pensive: :two_hearts:
Lynne x

2 Likes

Beautiful ring!

2 Likes

Lovely ring & lovely friend x

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss. My husband died in September 2023 and his ashes are sitting next to his favourite chair in the conservatory. He wanted me to spread him over the red sea where he had many happy dive trips. Sadly as it’s a war zone just now he may end up being scattered at sea over our favourite dive site in Devon. Until I can make the final decision he stays with me, a comfort that he is still with me.
I’m throwing myself into decorating the bedroom to brighten it up and take away the bad memories of his illness. I’m still trying to get the admin in order - DWP say I’m too old at 71 for bereavement supplement!

1 Like

Decorating - such a good idea hmm…perhaps it’s a welcome distraction from feeling empty, sad and lonely :+1:
I would have thought the older you get the more you need help for bereavement supplement!

1 Like

@Retired2
Sorry for the loss of your husband
I have my partners ashes in the bedroom with me… he wanted me to scatter them at our local beach ontop of the cliff… but I’m not ready yet…he passed away in July.
The nearest I’ve got to changing the room is new bedding and changing a few pictures… it’s what ever helps you feel better…
I’m not even sure if I will stay living in my home rattling around with two extra bedrooms but that might be something to consider in the future.

1 Like

My husband lost his ring years ago, so I bought him a new one for our 30th anniversary. We made it to 48 years and 3 months and I now wear his ring on my middle finger next to my wedding band. I also wear a ring I had made with his fingerprint and name engraved inside. It gives me comfort.

2 Likes

Indeed Angel1309. I’m in discussions with them as I feel I should be entitled to a percentage of my husband’s contributions. Otherwise how can I pay all the bills I’m now left with? The system is so unfair to pensioners in my opinion. Still let’s not get into politics - a subject my husband tried to avoid!

1 Like

We had 37 years together and every single day I wish we could’ve had another 20 years with my angel. We had so much planned and often joked about us travelling the world with our walking sticks. What a waste of life :broken_heart:
That’s so nice and comforting to wear the two rings side by side like having him next to you all the time.
I was asked if I wanted his locks of hair but at the time I was not thinking straight so I said no, in hindsight I regret it now - I could have had it made into a pendant and wear it around my neck :broken_heart:
Oh well nothing I can do now :sob:

1 Like

I think the surviving spouse is entitled to 50% of their additional husband’s contributions as far as I know. Sadly I was told my husband had contracted out so I am not entitled so I have to keep working to pay the bills but at least my job is a welcome distraction from this horrible feeling of sadness and loneliness.
Hope you have a positive outcome with the DWP. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi @ Angel1309
I was entitled to nothing as husband died before state pension age only 63 l did get 100 per month but i reached state pension age in October do nothing now
I think when he would have reached state pension agevin 3years time i should get some of his contributions in 2026
Lynne x

1 Like

Hi Lynne
Ahh… I get it now thank you I will bear that in mind. I will have to wait until 2027 or even 28 if the pension age increases to 67 as rumoured :worried: (if I am still around - life’s too short you don’t know what’s around the corner).
Best wishes xx

Yes @ Angel1309
Who knows whats around the corner 2026/7 is a long way off.
I had terrible time these last few weeks seem to be going backwards in time.
8 months in feels like back at day one
Guess we all have times like this. Just miss the waking up to no one and going to sleep alone the house to quiet. Dont think i will ever get used to my own company anymore.
Looking to see about setting up a group in area to just meet others and have a tea coffee chat or maybe an on line one
Hopefully will help others and myself to get through these days ahead
Take care
Lynne x

2 Likes

What a great idea…wish there was one near Christchurch Dorset.

2 Likes