Morning & Night

Going to bid you all goodnight as I want to sleep as I cuddle one of my dogs and hope tomorrow is a better one.
Today started with a positive mood. Rained all day but managed an early morning walk. Decided to have a furniture move around and get busy with a mop and bucket on the floors. Moved on to doing some yoga. So far so good. Then a telephone call that upset me, which set me off on a downward spiral. Think I will disconnect the phone and throw the mobile in the river. Then perhaps I can get some peace from stupid people. Now I have to hope that tomorrow will see me in a more positive mood and todayā€™s phone call will be a thing of the past. The phone call was nothing serious really but I just donā€™t have the patience for stupidity and mistakes. Felt tense but came on forum which made me feel much better, being among ā€˜friendsā€™ who understand the terrible moods that overcome us at times.
Goodnight and god bless
Pat xxx

Nite Pat cuddle your fur baby shut the world out regroup come out fighting, phone calls are difficult people think they can say what they want wouldnā€™t be so brave face to face . X

Morning good people, another wet day out there, my dog goes from looking roundish to looking like a drowned skinny rat within seconds of being outside! I swear if I could look so skinny so fast I would be walking round with a tap on my head! I wish I could have a duvet day today but itā€™s not to be! X

Youā€™re getting up - Iā€™m going to bed soon (11pm). Had to take my special little kitty,Velvet, into the emergency vet tonight. I knew something was wrong when she didnā€™t get up with me this morning. Weā€™re not sure what the problem is yet, but he put her on antibiotics and anti-nausea meds. Her temp is really high and thereā€™s a rasp in her lungs. If sheā€™s not responding by tomorrow Iā€™m to take her back. Iā€™m keeping it reasonably together, and hoping the meds work. Iā€™ll try a hot milk with honey & cardamon, a boring book - and hopefully sleep. I hope you all have a gentle dayā€¦

Morning Heather,
Oh bless I hope Velvet recovers quickly, we love the little devils but oh the worry! I wouldnā€™t change my little dog for the world. Still have a dreadful cold but work wonā€™t wait, self employed. Will catch up with you later. Good night x

Good afternoon from the Island. Sorry to be on in the afternoon but Iā€™m a morning person and on the go until late afternoon.
Lovely weather here so made the best of it and went to the allotment and worked for three hours, then it was the turn of the garden and planted spring bulbs and moved shrubs around, so pleased with myself today even if my back is killing me now.
Sorry to hear about Velvet, such a worry, I would be in bits if something was wrong with my babies.

Silverlady, hasnā€™t your furry baby got a coat to wear in the rain, poor little thing.!!! Bugsy doesnā€™t like having his coat on and sulks. Yesterday I was trying to coax him out into the rain. What a performance, pretends to be a tough guy but heā€™s such a ā€˜wussā€™ really. (Terrier x).
Love to all
Pat xx

Nite people crap day some people in my life should be ashamed. But tomorrowā€™s another day another fight
Night xx

hi Pat - I am in bitsā€¦if the news gets really bad I know that I am going to fall apart, how can I make that decision if it works out badly. I will but that thought terrifies me. Iā€™ve been trying so hard to be positive and learning how to deal with my griefā€¦this has just kicked me back so farā€¦vet just called, sheā€™s resting, holding her own, but still not responding as well as weā€™d like, but he is still cautiously optimisticā€¦heā€™s going to call me first thing in the morningā€¦So off to bed I go soon (its 8pm) and hopefully some needed rest.

Keep on fighting the good fight. Weā€™ll win in the end. I hope you can find some moments of peace with all that is going on around youā€¦

Morning x cuddled a hot water bottle slept, today is the beginning of the end probate to be tackled! Let me know how Velvet is bless animals have the knack of surprising us. X

Howā€™s Velvet , my dog today Jesus. Had a meeting she sits in my office, suddenly a large f*rt resounds round the room, we all look at each other with disgust, suddenly my dog does it again, thus time following thru, I couldnā€™t stop laughing, the look of horror on their faces , never has a meeting finished so quickly, needless to say sheā€™s been ill for 5days now so vets tomorrow. I hope your little furball is doing well. X

Hi there from the Isle of Wight. Not been a good day. Not quite sure why, just couldnā€™t get motivated. Went to B&Q early for slabs and gravel for the front garden. Struggled to lift the stuff and hoped someone might offer to help. No luck. Finished off the garden when I got home but lacking in interest to do anything else.

Anyway how is Velvet, have you heard anything yet. Hope itā€™s good news about the furry little ones.

Going to bed soon. I find comfort curling up with the many pillows and dogs for some reasonā€¦

Nite Pat xxx

Pat itā€™s ok to have a down non productive day x

I know but itā€™s so unlike me. Brian was always asking me to sit still for five minutes. Ironic that heā€™s the cause of me not wanting to do anything some days. I bet heā€™s laughing at me now. I can hear him saying ā€œGot you sitting still at lastā€.
Always got up at the crack of dawn, now I have to drag myself out of bed some days. I wonder if I would even bother if it wasnā€™t for the dogs glaring at me. Almost relieved when I can hear the rain beating against the window. Dogs not so keen on going out then and want to stay in bed themselves. This morning I was awake early and decided to get up, it was still dark. Neither of the dogs got out of bed until it got light and then they decided to get up and come downstairs. They do make me smile. Spoilt rotten.
Another day tomorrow.
Nite
Pat x xxx

I know but it just isnā€™t me. Ironically Brian was always moaning at me for never sitting still. Now heā€™s the cause for my lack of motivation some days. Heā€™s probably smiling and saying ā€œGot you, your sitting still at lastā€. Getting up in the morning can be a chore and if it wasnā€™t for the dogs who jump on the bed and glare at me when they are ready to go out, I would probably stay put some days. Iā€™m almost relieved when I hear the rain on the window as the dogs donā€™t move, not interested in going out in the rain. Again so unlike me, always up at the crack of dawn.

1 Like

Pat itā€™s part of the process I know I too am getting sick of bloody hearing that but itā€™s true, sometimes I am exactly the same mad bouts of activity then huge slumps of I cannot be bothered moments. Itā€™s not like normal life where one thing at a time tends to change, our whole lives have been turned on their ass!

1 Like

Hello - Itā€™s 7pm and Velvet is home. Itā€™s quite serious and if I hadnā€™t taken her to emergency she wouldnā€™t be here. Sheā€™s on meds and special food and close watch. Sheā€™s not 100% but sheā€™s home and I got a kiss and purrs to soothe my troubled soul. I exhausted myself last night, couldnā€™t stop my tears and fears at all , almost out of control at points. She really has been a little lifeline. I pick her up and she is so loving and brings me comfort. Interestingly my other cat snuggled up to me on the couch (which is rare) as often as he could yesterday and last night, purring away. I think he knew I needed that. On another good note, one of those people who made promises to help stopped by today and did!! So my roof is patched and my well is winterized.

Silverlady I hope your visit to the vet goes smoothly tomorrow and your buddy gets cured of his fā€¦rts -

Pat, there is nothing wrong with doing nothingā€¦it feels good to be motivated but I know that sometimes it takes me a couple of days to get enough to do the taskā€¦and Iā€™m okay with that. Most of my mornings are a write off still - no motivation until after lunch. Itā€™s a good thing that I donā€™t have a job (lol). A few days of sunshine would help to brighten all our spirits (itā€™s non-stop rain here too)ā€¦until then weā€™ll settle for tail wags and purrs and unconditional loveā€¦

Hi there from the Island. Not a bad day today although the weather has been mostly rain, rain and more rain. I was determined it would be a better day than yesterday. These moods do catch us out donā€™t they. Last week I was gardening like mad, cleaning carpets all round the house etc. Yesterday I felt as if I had the weight of the world on my shoulders. So this morning I took off to the allotment early and guess what it rained and we got soaked (me and dogs). I worked in the Poly tunnel we all use, cleaning and cutting down my tomato plants. This afternoon I worked out for what seemed like hours but enjoyed myself but wonā€™t be able to walk tomorrow I expect. I even managed to meditate at the end and not go to sleep.
God bless

Pat xxx

1 Like

Iā€™m so pleased that you have Velvet at home and hope that she continues to improve in your ,loving hands. Itā€™s hard to explain what our animals are doing for us isnā€™t it. My dogs are my little angels and it has been said that ā€˜Dogs are Gods little Angels that he sends down to teach humans how to loveā€™ How true of any of our animals.
When I go to bed the dogs want to sleep with me but as they are not the best of friend wonā€™t both sleep on the bed at the same time. Last night Bugsy wanted to sleep on my pillow and I lay with my head against him, then during the night Beepa wanted to come to bed and he moved and she goes down the bed under the duvet. Then she moved again (she sleeps all over the house) and Bugsy came and cuddled me under the bedclothes again, unfortunately he got above himself and I could hear him do a low growl every time I moved. I had to tell him not to be a naughty boy, so he went off in a strop back to his own bed (a little cat igloo), they are so funny. We do so love them though.
Iā€™m a morning person and always much more motivated then.
Pat

1 Like

Heather bless I hope her recovery is quick soon back to cuddles. My dog has just cost me a lot of money, treating her symptoms injections , medicine hereā€™s hoping it works, where would we be without them x

1 Like