mornings are the worst

I know ,it is hard but try and eat you must.Allison would not like to know…
You must you need all the energy you o get through this.
Me had beans n toast tonight could not be bothered.
Pity don’t practice what I preach.

It is so hard especially as there was always just the 2 of us. Just so hard to accept my girl has gone. Just typing it brings me to tears

I know please don’t think you have to answer,no offence if you don’t we all understand and you will when you can.Pleas don’t let me make you upset by answering.

I’m already upset as 6 weeks ago she was still here. Every night just so painful that she not here then morning comes and I’ve got to go through it all again. As someone once called it groundhog Day

I thought we were going to get old and eventually enjoy retirement together. But the selfish part of me is dreading getting old and being lonely. Lockdown sure gave me an idea of what that feels like

1 Like

Yes it s still so raw,I lost my Husband in February and I am told it is early days,so yours really is so raw.
We cannot jump over this or under it just got to go through it.
Unfortunately no limit time on grieving for everybody different…
We all hope we could wave a magic wand wake up and it was a dream.
It’s lockdown as well could not happen at a worse time.
Just have to take each hour as it comes try not to plan any further than that.

Six weeks is such a short time,not even long enough to accept what’s happened , not properly. Give yourself time, I still feel devastated , lost and alone after 10 weeks so think you’re coping very well. And we’re all facing it and getting through each day somehow. We break down over all sorts of things, some major, some not. I couldn’t get my wellies off yesterday, Malcolm always pulled them off for me and I just bawled my head off. It’s tough but we’ve got lots of support on here so we’re not a completely alone, only physically. Enjoy looking after your Ally cat and talking to her, stroking acat can be very soothing.Take care x

1 Like

i am glad someone else takes something to bed I felt it was ok. My husband got ill in 2014 with his prostate and had 37 radiotherapys in 2015 he had to have his gallbladder out but had 2. very bad heart attacks 2016 he had a cyst on his kidney 2017 our grandson killed himself 35 that was devastating. My husband was told he had fibrosis in his lungs and gave him 3 years.He started with vascular dementia end of 2018 very slow at first but couldn’t walk very fast with his heart,I have a bad heart and 3 injections a day diabetics I need a operation on my spine but lockdown came . My husband got very bad with dementia from November 2019 but still knew me and children I had to get cares in the morning and then night as well,I promised him I wouldn’t put him in a home on the 30 th of May I heard him making a girdling noise I went into the bed room picked him up in my arms and he seemed to snuggle into me and he died.He looked so happy I will remember his beautiful face as long as I live we where both 76 .I thank all of you for writing what happened to you,it helps me more than I can say God love you all xxx

I understand that pain x

Oh Florence, I’m lost for words … xx

Me too. Florence, how terrible. My heart breaks for you, you have been through so much. Sending you a heart full of love xxx

It’s so sad that there are too many people on here. Those who have lost someone far younger and unexpectedly not excluding those older as loosing someone at any age is tragic.
There are so many hurting people.
Please all keep up the encouragement as it helps.

Lockdown was the worst thing to have happened to those who are bereaved. My three children are following the rules’ To the letter. Fortunately I’m now in my daughters bubble. No hugs from my Two sons or other grandchildren, I can’t meet with all my children at the same time. Personally I feel we all need to be careful within families , making out own decisions but that won’t help my sons. Have never felt so isolated and miserable.

Yes Montague it has been a very difficult time in lockdown but hopefully before too long you can touch the people you love.
For some of us on this site we unfortunately don’t have someone to touch and cuddle. These are very difficult times for everyone, regardless of their circumstances.
We are gradually getting back into some sort of normality but for me and many many more, our lives will never be what we once thought was normal.

Magnet and Montague you are both so right. Lockdown has been a nightmare. And for some like me will now find ourselves alone. All on here has had a life changing experience and now as things get back to the normal a double impact is forced on us.
I am having to accept I will never get that hug, kiss, cuddle or support I once had.
I find only those on sites like this actually know how that feels.

1 Like

Yes Jay it does bring comfort to feel you are among people who completely understand. Also I agree with Magnet and Montagu, how lonely this all is for us, and I feel frightened to face life after lockdown when everyone goes back to their old life and we never will, it’s going to hit us really hard. Also we’ll have to see more people as there will
be no reason for them not to visit and quite often I don’t feel l can see people, can’t make arrangements beforehand as I don’t know how I’ll be on the day…All that excitement about going to the pub when you don’t feel you’ll ever want to go to one, or a restaurant, ever again, not without the love of your life.x

Hi I hope things and life is a bit better. I myself can look at photo albums and feel the feeling that I had at that time,
and it helps .30 of may still feels not long ago but I am going out a bit more and my spinal op is still not in the future so I have to find things I can do. I hope you are finding some peace and the people that we read about give you comfort .my 10 year old granddaughter said to me, mamas can I take Papis ashes home so I can look after them for a while, I looked at her little face and said yes you can. Next day she sent a picture of his urn under a tree she said he liked the sunshine so I have put him out side for a few minutes. I cried thinking how she thinks about him and it gives her some happiness. Keep strong love I am sure we will be able to see some good days ahead a big hug to all of you Florance xxxx

What a lovely post Florence and good to hear you are feeling a little better. Good days and bad days aren’t there? I think some sort of resignation has set in which eases the pain for a while,Your granddaughter sounds a little love, how sweet and thoughtful of her. I saw my grandchildren from London for the first time last week and it was so
lovely to see them even if we couldn’t have a hug! Hopefully that will come soon. Have got through Malcolm’s birthday last week, we ventured out for a meal, and wedding anniversary next week. All these firsts to get over but trying not to be miserable for his sake. Really nice to hear from you and
to know you are feeling okay. Lots of love Bx

I too feel very panicky in the morning. It is 11 weeks since my partner died at 59 from
Covid19 . I have to get out of bed to stop the panic. K

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss hun in my thoughts take care of yourself as much as possible Adele x :broken_heart: