Mothers Day

I was going through some bits the other day and My Mum always kept her cards, whether it was her birthday, mother’s day, Christmas etc… and I found my mother’s day card for her from last year. The last one together. Of course we never knew that and never in my worst nightmares would that have even been a contemplation. But yeah I don’t know it just kind of hit me like a truck.

With mother’s day coming up on 14th March, I was just wondering really if you have also lost your mother… How do you still celebrate her every year? Is there something you do or do you have any suggestions? I just feel like I really really need to do something so that wherever she is, watching us, she knows that I will continue to love her and honour her on that day and for every day really, but especially mother’s day. Me and my sister were thinking some sort of floral bouquet from a florist with Mum on it? I don’t know though I just want to make sure she gets everything she deserves & I’m open to suggestions or ideas :two_hearts:

Also, whoever it is that you are grieving whether it be a mum, sister, grandad, brother, boyfriend, husband, wife, partner etc, I’m so sorry you are going through this. It really is such a difficult time for so many of us and grief can really consume you and who you are as a person… look after yourselves❤

Hi Charlotte97

I’m sorry for your loss of your Mum. I lost my Mum ten weeks ago today and it will also be my first Mother’s Day without her. I was going to get some kind of floral arrangement that says “Mum” in some way and I’m still going to get her a card and write in it and put it with the tribute. They are still our Mums, even if we can’t be with them physically any more.

I feel quite bitter because last Mother’s Day was the first day I decided it wasn’t safe to continue visiting my Mum because of Covid. I had taken her presents and card to her on the Saturday and I just didn’t feel comfortable going in her flat any longer as I didn’t want to put her at risk. We did a video call but we weren’t actually together on Mother’s Day and it makes me really sad.

You are right when you say grief can consume you and who you are, this is my first huge loss and I never envisaged it would be like this, I knew it would be terrible but I didn’t want to think about it but I couldn’t have anticipated how terrible it would be.

I’m sure whatever you decide to do on Mother’s Day would be something your Mum would love and be proud of.

Hi, I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum so recently. My mum too only passed in November so it’s all still very fresh. I sympathise so much with a lot of what you are saying because losing my mum was also my first loss and I never could have perceived how hard it would be. Our mums are our best friend in most cases and our literal role model. Somebody that keeps us grounded. Someone we turn to when we are stuck. It really does feel like having a huge chunk taken out of your heart :pleading_face:

1 Like