My husband died 10 days ago

Thank you and hopefully speak again xx

This is a one bedroom flat but like you said it feels right, there are 37 flats on the complex and a high percentage have been in the same boat has myself but really nice people. Up to now anyway haha

Nice to be surrounded by people who understand

2 Likes

@Braztash56
It sounds as though you are living in the same sort of complex of flats I hope to move to next year. I know I wonā€™t feel lonely there and can participate in activities when I wish.
My dear husbandā€™s wish was for me to move there. We had hoped to move there two years ago but it became impossible because of his health.

1 Like

This complex is through the local council and is spot on in a lovely location x

Whereabouts are you living ?

@Braztash56

Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.

1 Like

Well I hope you get somewhere nice and manage to get feeling Iā€™ve gained, I retired at Christmas time but took a casual job at a day centre for aged and dementia, Christine worked there and the plan was to work together. Itā€™s been on hold up till I plucked up the courage to start 3 weeks since. The role is giving me great comfort has Christine is fondly remembered and as a presence there

1 Like

@Braztash56
I am so pleased for you, lovely to hear nice news.
Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossed that I eventually move and can feel as good about it as you do.

1 Like

Hi Roma are you ok I am worried about you please tell me what is the problem or if there isnā€™t just message me xxx

Donā€™t get me wrong itā€™s not all a bed of roses has you know, I returned to my family home this evening and it wrecked me honestly but I had to call in to pick some items up. Seeing my neighbours was upsetting has we are lucky to live within a great community,

1 Like

i just feel like we all do missing our loved ones thanks for asking

1 Like

We do and I know what you are going through I am having the same feelings and we canā€™t do anything about it. Everyday I wish my husband was here with me as Iā€™m sure you do. The grief takes over and you feel helpless not knowing what to do with yourself.Keep talking to me Roma it helps me too. Sending hugs Margaret xxx

4 Likes

Hi Roma are you ok not heard from you just lately xx

I was lucky enough to be with Christine has she passed away with family round her, Christine passed in peace and we were assured pain free. It was like sheā€™d gone asleep and she looked beautiful has ever, this image I see regularly and is a great comfort :heart:

2 Likes

@Braztash56
Iā€™m so glad that you were able to be with Christine when she peacefully passed away. I was with my husband, too, he passed away in my arms. He was out of pain at last.
I miss him so much, but he is safely in my heart.
Take care x

4 Likes

I was with my husband till he passed away his last breath I will always keep with me and also tears in his eyes. He knew we were all there with him till he left us. The last moments with our loved ones will never leave us. Iā€™m sure Christine knew you were there with her as my husband Terry did bless you xx Margaret

2 Likes

Christine had slight eye movement till the end but has I sat by her side with her sister she raised her left hand to meet mine for a couple of seconds and then peacefully passed away, this action was priceless and can never be taken away from me :heart:
Xx

2 Likes

You have to cherish every moment of Christineā€™s passing as I did Terry. Loving a husband or wife as we do and then seeing them fade away never goes itā€™s there all the time but itā€™s a blessing that we were there with them holding their hand and saying that we loved them xxxxx Margaret

2 Likes

I agree about the emptiness. The only thing that gets me out of my bed is my dog. He was my husbandā€™s dog and heā€™s now 17yrs. Heā€™s deaf now but he keeps me going. He can only manage a 10 min walk now but nothing else wrong with him. He wont last forever but will foster a dog then. As Iā€™m too old for a puppy. Real good company. Better than some people.

4 Likes