Saturday again

:frowning: aw … so sad xx

3 Likes

Life is great but when it kicks you in the teeth. People now say live for today you don’t no what tomorrow brings xx lovely photo an as you said very young

2 Likes

That’s my 3 they been brilliant when I’m down they cuddle up to me .i do believe they no xx

3 Likes

@Martin2
They do know.
Roly our goldendoodle bit himself at xmas when Nick first started getting ill.
He really hurt his side and he was panting with anxiety.
Nicks hospital bed and commode was put in the front room. Roly would guard him all night.
When Nick went into the home Roly slept on his bed… pining for him :sob:
When Nick passed away and all the equipment was sent back Roly started getting better.
Although he still takes his toys up the entry and waits for him :broken_heart:

4 Likes

I agree, Roger wouldnt want me to give up, he told me I’d got to live. And I am trying, its just so hard.
Somedays I think I’m doing ok then I have a bad day and it all starts again

Sending hugs

4 Likes

Lovely that Martin x

We finished putting up my wife’s bench yesterday after the plaque came , scattered some of her ashes under the paving slabs so she’s there to talk to . Then I spend the afternoon/evening sat on the bench drinking & crying .

6 Likes

We had put the bench up itself a week or so ago , as soon as it was finished I looked up at the sky and knew she was happy with it ( we always ended a text with an x , if one of us ever didn’t put one we knew we had pissed the other off )

5 Likes

Always with x as you said if only we could turn time back . Enjoying sitting in the garden happy thoughts xx

4 Likes

Youre really brave to do that u know. I cant do anything … upsets me too much. All i have done is pick his ashes up and they are on my sideboard and thats all i can do :frowning: cant move his clothes or anything :frowning: all where they were:( arent we sad but it also shows how much we loved them too :frowning: xxx

3 Likes

I can’t face collecting his ashes x

3 Likes

Cant you ? How long ago was funeral though ? X

1 Like

5 weeks.

I wanted someone to come with me but they have drifted away.

I have really been down for a while and I thought I would really take a nosedive if I collected them,

The undertakers are ok to keep them for a while.

I just wish they hadn’t called them cremated remains.

Rose x

4 Likes

Ah right. Yes i got his brother to come with me or i dont think i couldve done it either !! Dont you know anybody who can come with you ? X

2 Likes

We are not sad, we loved them so much. Maureen was knitting the night befor she passed. The knitting still lays on the arm of the arm chair where she left it and NO one sits in that chair Its Maureens chair and will always be.

4 Likes

I mean sad as literally sad … its sad we find it all so hard to face :frowning: and we duck and dive to try to avoid it dont we :frowning: i guess because its such a massive thing thats happened to us its very hard to face … my husband was my world xx

4 Likes

Yes I guess you are right

1 Like

Oh no. Don’t leave him there. You will find strength when he’s with you. Talk to him. Helps💓

3 Likes

My kids came with me to collect them , I guess I’m just trying to do things to keep myself from constantly thinking of what I have lost , all the future plans that are gone , the one person who completely got me .
Strangely sitting on the bench at the bottom of the garden I did feel close to her again though , would rather be able to sit there whenever I want , than have to drive to a memorial garden to feel she’s there , if you know what I mean .
Not moved any of her clothes or other stuff though and don’t plan on doing for a long time / if ever .

3 Likes

Think positive about collecting them , you are bringing him home to be with you , I’m sure that’s what he would have wanted x

4 Likes

Won’t they deliver them? I used to when I was a Funeral Arranger.

5 Likes