Still Struggling

Oh and the Welsh cakes seem to have turned out ok!

Brilliant as long as you memorize the drum patterns, then you should be good to go. Iā€™m 56 now but never really thought about age and mum lived to 95. I donā€™t think I changed much but the world has certainly changed and for the worse and people too. You do reflect as you get older and you do things that makes sense to you but is forbidden in todayā€™s world and is punished.

1 Like

I like Pulp from the 90s, I can relate to a lot of Jarvis songs. He wrote about his life growing up and girls he fancied and about being poor. But he from Sheffield and thereā€™s a lot of other similarityā€™s with other artist that came from Sheffield. I love that down to earth honestly and openess. They are my kind of people!

1 Like

Glad the Welsh cakes turned out ok, bet they are nice warm from the oven! Have you got a sewing machine, if so you could use the pedal and pretend itā€™s the base drum! My sister text after 6 to say she was on her way home! I just donā€™t get people these days, on bad days I listen to Rage Against the Machine, mostly on my way to work!

Wouldnā€™t say today is a bad day, canā€™t do any heavy rock stuff, not really my thing. Just been going through the forum seeing if there anything I could reply too. See thereā€™s a lot of threads regarding partners. Never been married so try and stay away from those types of post.

I like all different types of music: a-ha, U2, Royal Blood, Muse, Red, Duran Duran, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, bit of S Club 7, Five the list goes on! Just whatever appeals to my soul and my mood on the day.

Seen A Ha and Duran live long time ago! quite a varied taste you have there.

I forgot AC/DC and Take That :joy:

Did have the opportunity of working Take That gigs earlier in the year. I think you get the idea that music is my companion and is part of my life.

I saw Take That in Belfast in 2007! My sister was an Emo back then and I made her come with me, she wasnā€™t impressed!

EMO ? Take That are ok I guess but there is better music out there. You might have to go back in time to find it though. Maybe one day we have kids that turn to the past for inspiration from music?

They are a bit punk rock and EMO music has emotional lyrics. At nearly 45 Iā€™m too old to have kids physically and I donā€™t think I could deal with the lack of sleep, those days are gone! Itā€™s bad enough my cat waking me up during the night but at least he can feed and toilet himself, Iā€™ve just got to scoop it out his tray in the morning! Just got to hope there are enough parents out there teaching their children about 80ā€™s music instead of modern artists who I wonā€™t criticiseā€¦

I wonder where I go with my life now, today becomes Sunday in a few hours. I just want to speed onto a new week. Getting the carpets cleaned on Tuesday and chemo on Wednesday. At least gets me out the flat!

Donā€™t want a new week to rush in thank you, that means I am back at work!

Well Iā€™m always going on about 80s music lol. I loved Duran, U2, Simple Minds and Muse. Have seen all of those except U2. I like anything Indie. Currently like Foals, Maximo Park, London Grammar.
I donā€™t have a sewing machine and nor did my mum. We were both hopeless at sewing, but I donā€™t mind doing some by hand when I have to.
Enjoyed the film tonight - It ends with us. It was about a violent relationship and the decision whether or not to let that perpetuate, but told from the womanā€™s perspective. The American actors grated a bit at first but the story was good. Came home and ate a Welsh cake!

I just read documents about Myeloma my consultant gave me. Iā€™m starting to feel a bit like Brian Cox who I actually watched a lot of his stuff. DNA code from both parents, hmmm now it gets complicated as that DNA code as mutated over the last 3 years, producing Myeloma cells ? Myeloma isnā€™t easy to understand. Need a degree in biology I think. I want to get back to a normal life, but I think Myeloma is going to cause me problems ie low emune system. Which makes me vulnerable to illness, flu and colds and COVID. I think most of the time I like to forget I have it and get back to who I am. But itā€™s a double blow to me after losing mum and I canā€™t think about it too much or I get down.

2 Likes

My sister has seen Muse quite a few times, even went to London once and mum went with her and waited outside for her! Iā€™m glad the Welsh cakes turned out ok!

DMA is complicated but all blood cancers progress at different rates. The cells in our bodies all die off at different rates, with cancer cells there is a mutation in the DNA of one cell which multiplies and cancer cells donā€™t die the same way healthy cells do. They just keep multiplying and overcrowding the healthy cells in the bone marrow

Thereā€™s a lot to take in and try to make sense of. Hopefully they explain your treatment path clearly.

Your mum must have been very patient to wait outside for your sister for a whole concert. Thatā€™s nice of her.

My liked Muse too so they did all the sights in London when they were there!