Still Struggling

Oh no, that’s a shame, my local TK Maxx had quite a bit. They have a lot online so maybe see if anything tickles your fancy! The range, next and probably sainsburys will have things in too. You get get yourself a light up pumpkin, sit in the semi dark and watch You’ve Got Mail, Sleepess in Seattle, Fly Away Home and Gilmore Girls! If it doesn’t sooth you then I’ll eat my hat! x

I can’t bare the thought of all mum’s money going on debt and bills. But Councils don’t care, make life unbearable, not easy as it is

See if macmillan can put you in touch with someone to help you do an assessment on whether there’s any benefits you can get. Then it’s phoning the council again and telling them you have spoken to Macmillan and the advice you got about section 13

Hi. That sounds a really nice idea. In work today which is less nice but never mind. Did another gym session last night and at least I can eat my food today! X

It must have been hard not being able to eat properly, these days food is a comfort. Gym last night, that sounds tiring but healthy! Hope work is ok for you. Just been to hospital and my sisters ct was changed to full body and chest and they want her up hospital tomorrow instead of Thursday

You can never get through to on the phone regards the council. They don’t want to phone calls, they hide behind a automated phone line. That set up in that way IF you do get to speak to someone or anyone that just fov you off to the DWP and you feel worst for the experience. Was told to email or write them then I got something legal in writing from them

Send it signed for so they can’t say they didn’t get your letter!

1 Like

Thinking of you both today. I do hope it all goes well. I know this must be a huge worry for you both. Sending lots of love and good wishes to you xxx

1 Like

I’m sorry I didn’t see this yesterday and reply then. I know you will be feeling in need of support xx

Thank you so much, you don’t know how much it means to have your support. I’m feeling pretty lonely at the moment as I’m worried sick about my sister and she is the only one I have to talk to. I’ll let you know what happens as soon as I can xxxxx

1 Like

Another day at the hospital, chemo day again!

1 Like

My sister has to go in for an operation next Thursday. The consultant couldn’t see any signs of cancer on her scans but they will send a biopsy away just to be sure. She’s going to need about four weeks off to recover. Thankfully we are both on holiday the week after next so I can look after her. She’s going to be in hospital for a couple of days

1 Like

Hi, was thinking about you. I’m glad the news looks optimistic, though no-one wants an operation of course. Sending lots of hugs your way. Your sister is lucky to have you xx

Hope it doesn’t knock you about too much. Take care

I can’t thank you enough for being there, it really does mean a lot. Our manager has come through for us again like she did with mum. She’s looking into what sick pay my sister has left so she won’t miss out on any pay and she is giving me next Sunday off so I can care for my sister when she gets home. It’s such a relief to know she will be ok, mum and dad were looking out for her xx

1 Like

@Keith68 hope tomorrow goes ok with your sister for the headstone

1 Like

Thank You, can’t see why it shouldn’t !

I’m glad your manager is supporting you. It is so good you are so close as sisters too. I am sorry you have had such an awful and stressful time, especially when you are already so vulnerable after your mum. Life does have a way of kicking us when we are down. All my good wishes to you and your sister. I know you will get through. Xx

My sister has to go up to the hospital today for her pre op checks. The doctor said her cyst is so large he prioritised her surgery, I’m glad as she doesn’t have to wait weeks and have time to worry. How are things with you? xx

1 Like

Ok thanks. Working at home today. Everyone else out at work, even the cat! She may be catching mice. I keep an eye out when I open the door, just in case she’s got one! Hope the checks go ok for your sister today.