Still Struggling

Thank you so much! I’m just not used to someone being so messy, especially a man in his mid thirties. I guess because I don’t have a lot of contact with people I just think that everyone else is tidy like my sister and I. It doesn’t feel like my birthday without mum, we are going to have a nice day watching Twisters on Sky and munching in our pyjamas! Hope you have a lovely first day in Italy xxx

1 Like

Enjoy and indulge yourself on your special day. Xx

Btw just v pleased with self because got latest blood test and have brought my scores right down out of diabetes range. Mind you I’m reversing this with too much pasta right now! I shall be good again upon return.

That’s is brilliant news! You can afford to eat some tiramisu while you are in Italy! I love pasta and I don’t think it will do you any harm while you are on holiday xx

1 Like

Tried to get involved on here yesterday, Sundays are so crap! had a 2 calls connected to Cyber Security both from London which made me a bit dubious. After all we all live in a money orientated world. It seems that’s all people care about!

Tried to get involved? Where the calls no good then?

Didn’t answer them, I don’t want to waste my muns money. Mum went without a lot and I wouldn’t say I am money orientated either. I rather have my mum back and younger. I know that’s impossible. That’s what I would want now, because without mum I’m not complete. Like you said we have our DNA of our parents in us. So we going to be like them maybe in a lot of ways. I know the Council will take my money and squander it.

1 Like

Hope you have had a nice day x

Have you looked to see if there are any college courses in your are? That will be a better option than paying and outside company, you won’t know if the qualification they offer you is valid.

I’ve had a lovely day, we watched movies and got a Chinese takeaway, it’s not felt like all my other birthdays have, a weird feeling. I hope you have had a lovely day too xx

1 Like

No, I’m struggling to motivate myself over the last few days and mum keeps popping into my head. That’s a reason I keep posting on here, it’s a distraction. I had to stop playing a old game because mum popped into my head. I not spoke to anyone since Thursday!

It’s ok to think about our mum’s as it is all part of the grieving process. Don’t stop doing things because they make you think of your mum, it’s important to think about her. One day it won’t hurt to think about her, memories of her will give you comfort and make you smile instead. I know this from when I lost my dad, it will get a little better but you will never get over losing your mum. It’s been hard the last few weeks going back up to the hospital where I lost my parents. Today was hard as it wasn’t just my first birthday without mum, it was also my first birthday without both of my parents. Next month will be hard too as it will be their birthdays. We’ve all got these milestones to get beyond and there are many days when they feel like they are on our shoulders weighing us down instead of markers on the road of our grief. Mags is right that I need to focus on me and do things for me. You need to find a focus such as studying cyber crime. Going to college helped me with the grief of losing dad as it kept my mind busy and something positive to think about.

1 Like

I am in the same situation lost my mum last November i lived with her and her partner i have a sister and a brother but barely see them so i feel alone i suffer with depression and anxiety i dont really get along with my mums partner but hes grieving as well .its so hard living in the house she died in .

1 Like

I’m pleased you have had a lovely day @Malcolm2 . Yes we had a lovely day thanks xx

Gosh that’s weird. My parents both had birthdays in October too.

Welcome to our massive thread. I’m sorry for everything you are going through, now you are here you won’t ever be alone. Is there a way that you could get on better with your mum’s partner? It’s a difficult time for you both and hard to be on your own.

Dad is the 9th and mum 15th. Very weird but we will get through it together xx

Thank you yes i will try to get on better with my mums partner its still a hard thing to get over at the moment grief is a difficult thing to live with

1 Like

My dad’s was the 9th, my mum’s the 17th!

I am sorry for you it really is difficult like i said my mum died suddenly but my dad is older at 80 but he has a mark on his lung and told they cant do anythink for him but hes ok with it although i am very upset but my dad wont give up hes stubbon

1 Like