Still Struggling

Reason maybe they don’t come back is they really happy where they are ? possibility they have been united with their mum and dad. I think we have it the worse, we have to rely on tech now to reach out. It’s getting worse, I think our relatives would consider today’s world as hell ?

Doubt I do that, possibly sleep a lot of I feel like crap. Probably think of mum as I will probably be down through the process. When mum lost her mum she had me, I don’t really have anyone that close. It’s hard to understand my purpose and like so many on these forums my life is just a existence.

Doubtful you would come back if you was happy with mum and dad and was surrounded with love. There be no reason to come back! it’s like I’ve done my time on earth wasn’t that impressed to be honest, wasn’t really happy there. We need to be loved and appreciated and I guess we not. It’s a selfish world where no one really cares about us but our parents. So no when it’s my time, I’m not coming back either.

1 Like

It’s difficult for you at the moment being ill and what you still have to face. When you come out of the other side there will be time for you to find your purpose in life then. At the moment you just need to focus on getting yourself well. I know it must be disheartening not getting another message. I wonder sometimes if there are rules even on the other side so that we are unable to be in constant contact with our loved ones. Maybe they are allowed to let us know that they are ok to give us comfort to help with the process of grieving. After that to be in constant contact may prevent us from accepting that they are no longer with us on this side of the veil. I remember years ago we had a works trip to Edinburgh to see a famous medium. When I got home my mum asked me if her mum had come through to me. She was upset when I said no. I think I had been going through a rough time and mum hoped my nan would come through to help me.

1 Like

These words sound very sensible and right to me. I have to say my mum never believed in there being anything after death at all. I never said that my dad would be waiting because she didn’t believe that. I’m not sure what I believe.

Doesn’t hurt to keep a open mind. I bought a book off Amazon. Someone said it helped them from here so I was intrigued. As all of us need all the help we can get and I not been too impressed with my GP, so I have to think outside the box. Book called spirits besides us. Person told me that book helped them think it written by a top meduim with years of experience. I think it’s natural to want answers and comfort after losing someone close.

1 Like

@Malcolm @Magsclar

Spirituality talks about healing and we all need to be healed! so many things we don’t know much about. I was given a piece of paper with a Cruise number on and that was it and sent on my way. I don’t think I healed in 13 months and like so many not made much progress. Been told of spiritual churches too in my city. It makes me mad to think a piece of paper with a phone number on is the answer. At least I got a decent answer from the vicor light a candle from last year. How is talking to a stranger on a phone going to help me. I wouldn’t class myself as religious but I’m in a different place to where I was 3 or 4 years ago. Doesn’t matter on your views, we all dealing with the same thing and one day it will be us. Anything that can help us should not be over looked and any healing of any kind is much appreciated.

1 Like

Yes, agreed its the human touches that help.

I think society is finished to be honest! here we are pushed to online forums to comfort and console other individuals like our selfs. It’s like we are removed and stook in a corner to please today’s world. I will never change to fit in, roots are important as it who you are.

1 Like

@Malcolm2 @Magsclar

The Scottish, Irish and the Welsh have kept their identity. Where we lost ours or it’s being hijacked by right wing people. Our city’s are swamped with immigrants. That really are not bothered about our culture or want to fit in. They just here for the jobs, money, healthcare. I’m lost in a city that cares more about students and money then me. Yes the hospital been great to me, but what then ?

What then? You become a student and learn a new trade, there are a lot of ‘mature students’ these days

I wouldn’t do that in my city. It’s a real problem when we lose someone close it’s a bit like a mirror being shattered into a million fragments. As the person we lost we can’t replace and society doesn’t care. Either I can get a new life or finish this one because everyone is thinking the same on here. They won’t put it because people will think they suicidal which they not really. They just can’t adapt to their life at the moment, which is understandable. For me I’m kind of trapped, health has dominated my life this year. Life will always be tougher when you are on your own dealing with things. Like I said your life mirror is shattered when you lose someone very close.

1 Like

Don’t give up. I know that’s easy for me to say, but there are other good people in the world and other ways to meet people and not feel so alone. It’s especially difficult for you at the moment I know, with your health problems, and that has to be where you start. Are there any support groups at the hospital?

I got Maggie’s but it’s only 1 meeting a month. It’s practically been raining here all day. Just been to shop for milk. Nothing too exciting!

1 Like

I know with Maggie’s, at least here you can drop in whenever you want, they also do all kinds of classes to get people out of the house. My local one has art and creative writing classes. Might be worth seeing what yours offers. I’m quite happy to sit in the house watching movies and my hobbies

I think 1 in my city does the same too. I picked up a cold I think.

Was raining all day here yesterday. Just did shopping and that’s all.

Take a Covid test just in case you need to get antivirals

Hi I can totally relate to what you’ve gone through, I lost my dad in march 2022, my mam in December 2022 and my only brother in Jan 2024. I do have grown up children but it’s not enough when ive lost my family unit. I had a purpose once over and as much as people say you still have I feel differently, I struggle every single day and I just wish I could see a light at the end of the tunnel. Its really hard and I totally get how you feel and I wish you well

2 Likes

I don’t have any COVID test, I left a voice message on answer phone - Myeloma nurses. I have to be considerate and show care and compassion. I don’t want to go into clinic and put other people at risk. Even though I would be masked up, I think this is the right thing to do and now wait on a call back.

1 Like