Still Struggling

It’s hard when you lose your parents or a prarent. My mum had a sweet side to her. I never thought about myself and mum in me. But I seeing it more now, since mum passed. I bought a lot of PJs in the last year off Amazon . I got a set of Mickey and Minnie mouse pj’s, maybe not cool for a 56 old guy. But I liked them at the time, but I looked at myself earlier in the mirror and thought mum would approve and then the tears came. I tried to do everything mum would approve since I lost her. Even writing to my aunty in Australia mum’s sister. I can’t bring mum back but maybe she lives on in me.

You’ve done the right thing, even if it is cold you need to be careful having a compromised immune system and they might not want you having treatment tomorrow incase you have an infection. I hope they get I touch with you and you feel better soon

1 Like

@Malcolm2 @Magsclar @Wethery52

I’m contemplating if I should join a spiritual church too. It not something I would of done before. But losing mum and dealing with Myeloma as made me vulnerable and I don’t think I fully healed from the past year. I have to keep dealing with this day to day. Friends ? hmmm you have to be careful who you trust and who you don’t trust. If it feels wrong then better to put some distance between you and them.

Yes I know I have there’s people older then me there. I feel I have a responsibility to them. I just wait on Myeloma nurses to get back to me. I don’t want to put anyone at risk, and hospitals are extremely strict on these things.

I do find myself thinking more now what would my mam do or dad say, its a constant struggle, I lost my only sibling too he was 45 and the part of my life I had has just gone.
I would only recommend spiritualist church if your mindset is good, ive been a few times and mam came through and I actually thought id feel better but it made me worse, nothing can bring them back and its coming to terms with that

1 Like

I done a few spiritual stuff on FB and I can understand you seek guidance we all do. We tend to trust family. But really me and mum was our own little unit. I give it some thought! not in a rush!

Definitely any sign is something, if you read books I recommend" The map of heaven" my mam always believed in the hereafter and this book brings comfort knowing that there possibly is

1 Like

But I also been diagnosed with Myeloma Cancer so it’s all added to the mix. I’m still dealing with the 2 things and I can’t see that changing to 2025. Then it’s like what do I want to do ? do I leave my city ? I’m on my own so I’m kind of free to do what I want.

Sorry to hear that wish you well regards health, I say grab any chance you get by the horns ! its when your stuck with no chance of escaping it hits harder, its not an answer to your loss but its a step in the right direction

1 Like

They still want me to go tomorrow, but said they might get a doctor to check me over.

That’s good that they will check you over, they won’t want to disrupt your treatment unless they have too. They can be sure then if you need antibiotics, the way you are you can’t mess about when you are ill

I think it’s more a COVID test! understandable as there a lot of older people visiting that clinic. Just looking around I’m not the youngest but I’m the oldest either and that clinic plays a vital part in my city.

No COVID, but didn’t get away till 18.40 and arrived at 15.00

That’s a long appointment!

Sounds a bit like AAU at my hospital!

@ magsclar @Malcolm2

Had to be checked out by doctor, blood test and COVID check in a isolation room. Then waiting for meds and then injections. It’s takes time!

It will take a little while for the Covid and blood tests to come back. It’s good that they have you isolated and treating you

I think I came back negative for COVID as they wouldn’t have put me into the clinic for injections.

1 Like

It’s good that you are still getting the treatment so you must just have a cold which is pretty rubbish still, glad it’s not Covid

1 Like

When I caught COVID on the ward in June took me a week to shake it off. The cough was causing me problems with my back too. It was like how can I cough and be kind to my back at the same time ? my back felt it every single time. I don’t think anyone knew on that ward what was truly wrong with me, I was glad when I was eventually transfered to the hospital I’m under now.