Still Struggling

I’m sure you will be able to find a cheaper insurer , even if you go on a comparison site

1 Like

It’s an expensive insurance. I have to say our insurer was actually the cheapest on the comparison sites too, but they often aren’t.
You’ve got a lot going on, it’s no wonder you’re down. It doesn’t mean that things can’t improve though.

1 Like

Problem I have to ring company to cancel renew insurance. I’ve found a cheaper 1 already.

I managed to not my car, that was the easy part getting renew taken off my insurance well I will need to haggle.

1 Like

Glad you found a cheaper off. Best not to get ripped off!

Sometimes if you threaten to leave they will knock it down a bit but I always find it’s cheaper going somewhere else!

1 Like

Without a doubt, not rung them as of yet, need charge phone up first as I need to make a few calls today.

Who is the cheaper insurance with? I was with Admiral for about 5 years running as the price hardly went up, then at the beginning of the year it went up a few hundred pounds. I went with Liverpool Victoria and got multi car insurance and buildings and contents so it made it cheaper. Might be worth seeing if you can get your house insurance on the same policy to make your car insurance cheaper.

Someone posted a link to MacMillan cancer help with debts on here I don’t think it was here. On MacMillan there was a number for another organization something Step ?

Ok eventually got round to speaking to People’s Chioice, Hastings Direct. Got monthly insurance 103.88 a month. So as I didn’t fancy the headache of sifting through quotes and then ringing up and doing all the questions I went with that as it’s another thing less to worry about. No payment plan up front just monthly instalments. Now council tax to chase on Monday and will do a NHS prescription tomorrow. Leaves me more time with the flat and getting ready for my hospital stay.

Youre getting things sorted though, which is good. Any plans for the weekend?

That’s a lot less, it will get better when you have been driving as long as I have. Mine is about £35 a month!
At least when you are in hospital they will be able to keep an eye on you and jump on anything. Just get lots of things together to keep you occupied

I did see better deals afterwards, but there’s not a huge difference 20 odd quid. I do feel I been kaning it in the flat with stuff and kind of want to ease up on stuff as it gives me time to plan on my stay in hospital.

Babe you been given a date to go in to hospital?

I think 4th November, but not sure

Hahaha, the predictive text on here is awful, it’s changed have to babe and I didn’t realise, sorry!

I thought that was quite funny :smile:

It’s ok babe

:sweat_smile: brilliant

At least we can still laugh!