The hardest thing

Yes I am nearly 3 years on after losing my husband of 52 years and am starting to accept the life that I have. I remember a few months after he died telling someone that I would have happy moments but I would never be truly happy again and that is still true.

It is so good to hear that you all feel like I do. We have all lost our best friend and confident. Sadness and loneliness are always there. I wondered if it was just me that struggled to move on.

What hurts the most about losing someone you love is the fact that you want a hug because your day is the worst day you’ve had, and yet the person you want to hug is the reason you’re having the worst day and they can’t make it all better

x

4 Likes

That’s just about right! What would we give for one more hug?

1 Like

The Nevers that hurt the most:

Never another call
Never another “I Love You”
Never another hug
Never another smile
Never seeing your face again.

3 Likes

I would love a hug :sob: everything feels better after a hug

1 Like

Sometimes when you look at a photo of someone you’ve lost, wouldn’t it be lovely if you could just jump in there and give one more hug.

3 Likes

Hi Sad2 i know how you feel, I lost my husband 5 months ago and it feels like yesterday. I talk to him all the time, what I wouldn’t give to hear his voice even just to argue!

1 Like

Hello Carol1987

It just seems that we can’t move forward. The tears are more than at the beginning, and I wonder will they ever stop. I talk to Alan all the time too even when I’m out shopping asking what he fancies for dinner (crazy), I have a long chat to him before I go to sleep hoping and wishing I could dream of us. Only had the one dream, but how I wish there could be more.

Jay x

1 Like

Isnt it funny, forget our intimate relationships we had we seem to accept that going yet we cant live without a damn good hug!

2 Likes

Sad2
I lost my mum on 4th February, she meant more to me than anyone. I’ve no partner or children, I have 2 sisters but they don’t understand how lost, and heartbroken I am. Up until covid I spent nearly every hour of everyday with her, she was in a care home. So I missed out on nearly 12 months of being with her, and it has totally destroyed me. I would love to hear her voice and see her face and give her the hugs she deserves. She was the best mum ever. Xx

1 Like

It’s been three and a half years for me and I still long for Clive as much today as the day I lost him. I can tell you all though that, eventually, you will start to have moments when you don’t feel that you want to die, just to stop the pain.

It’s taken a long time and a lot of therapy to get me to the point where I don’t cry every day when I wake up, cry every night when I go to bed without him and cry all evening because he’s not here with me where he should be and the loneliness and grief is too much to bear.

I just wanted to say that because I know, all too well, that it feels you will never smile or laugh again without feeling guilty or the laughter immediately turning to tears. It will happen, you just have to keep breathing in and out and taking one day, one hour, at a time.

And, yes, I really miss having a cwtch. I realised the other day that I haven’t had physical contact with another human being for nearly a year!

No definitely not just you struggling to move on, I am not able to move on, I don’t see a future for myself. X

1 Like

Neither do I but I promised my husband I would live for both of us, not sure how, but I have to find a way, you must also find a way to honour your partner by living a full life x

I know if i dont move on and live my life it will break her heart more than if i do.
We spoke lots about this in recent months as we had friends in a similar boat.
We vowed to move on with life, were early 50 so its a long time left to be alone.
My problem will be that i 100% know i will never fully be ready. I know i will want a companion but the physical relationship is something i will never want.
That then makes it unfair on a partner so it will be hard to actually move forward.

Why is life so complicated & cruel

I can’t get my head around the fact i will never hear my mums voice again, never have a conversation with her , it breaks my heart

Daz, I am 9 months since my husband died and I feel like you. My daughters remind me what he always said which was to go on with my life, to be careful if I did meet someone else. All I would want would be a good friend, nothing more just to go places with and chat to. My grandad passed away when I was aged 6 and my gran had a male friend, they lived apart but would watch TV together and stuff. So don’t give up on that one yet. I have a work colleague who is the same with one of his wife’s friends. He goes for tea once a week and they used to go to places over the weekend together before lockdown.

This is one of my thoughts that I can’t accept, never hearing her voice and having our regular conversations ever again. it is very heartbreaking, my life has nothing left in it. Mum was my world. X

Exactly how i feel. Its when that door closes and im on my own the loneliness hits me. X

1 Like

Hi sad2 I know it is so hard not having them next to you its two years for me we were only married 2 weeks .I do the same shout at him and ask why he left so understand how you feel you are not alone big hugs .