Told to stop wallowing

He loves his Teddy bear lays and cuddles it

3 Likes

Ah what a poppet, I am glad he is keeping you company. My cockerpoo Harvey is an excellent listener! xxx

3 Likes

He cuddles up to me and loves his walk in the park spent one and a half hours there as he has some little friends he runs around with

1 Like

sounds goods for him @sue11 and very good for you, gives you some fresh air and a purpose to go out. xx

2 Likes

Yes it does help as i have meet other dog walkers and we all have a chat while walking the dogs xx

2 Likes

@Lonely
Wouldnā€™t that be great Sheila. Iā€™d want you to teach me how to jive.
Karen xxx

2 Likes

@Lonely Just fabulous Sheila, the Dancing Queen! xxx

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fabulous @Lonely. Those memories are so special.

2 Likes

@sue11 dogs give you so much hope and loveā€¦ my three have helped me so much so farā€¦ a purpose and reason to get up

3 Likes

Hi Sheila @Lonely. I admire you so much. I love reading your posts, they are such an inspiration. Iā€™m coming up to 5 months from losing my husband and, like you, Iā€™ve put on so much weight from eating rubbish and having no proper mealtimes. It started to worry me. My eldest daughter is a vegetarian and a swimmer and I asked for her help. Sheā€™s taken great pleasure in making me out a food chart! She loves that kind of thing and is very good with nutrition and food groups. When I asked her for help out came the coloured pens and paper and ruler. I have my food chart pinned up on my notice board in the kitchen and I havenā€™t wavered once. Weā€™ve had a good laugh over it and I think it has done us both good. My youngest daughter has always wanted to learn to dance so she talked me into attending the adult beginners class for Latin and Ballroom at the studio where my little granddaughter goes. Weā€™ve been twice now and itā€™s good fun and good exercise. I was loathe to start anything new without David but dancing is the very last thing he would have done so I donā€™t feel bad about it. I still cry sometimes when I get home as I know he would have wanted to hear all about it and how we got on. BUT whatever we do and wherever we go there is still a massive hole in our lives that canā€™t be filled. A stone in our stomachs that wonā€™t be shifted and a black cloud over our heads that wonā€™t float away. Thank God for my three children and grandchildren. I would have been right behind David without them. Good luck with your Slimming World. Love and strength to you all. Jean xx.

7 Likes

@Lonely @Jean8 you two are so lucky to have children and grandchildren. I have 2 nieces and a nephew 2 of which live in Sweden and the other in London. They are young children. How I wish they were nearer - I donā€™t have that luxury of very close relatives around.

I canā€™t have any pets now so because of my arthritis and so couldnā€™t dance although that feels like the last thing I want to do.

We all grieve in o

3 Likes

In our own way but I do envy you having close family to help you - that must help.

I feel darker and more in pain every day xxx

4 Likes

@Lonely i am very sorry to hear that. Your last post did not reflect the reality of everyday living. I can honestsay that the way your sons behave is like having no sons and for that extra pain I really feel for you. I have some good friends but inevitably contact tails off apart from a couple of good ones including the manager of the green burial site. We talked most days and have been to lunch. Family lives far away and they have their lives and probably future unhappiness to come as we all know. Anything could be round that corner. I only exist at the moment waiting for my time to come. Nothing absolutely nothing is a substitute for him. Love and massive hugs and respect to you Sheila xxxxx

3 Likes

A coldness and an emptiness inside - that says it all to me.
Please enjoy your day Sheila with your grandchildren.
G. X

2 Likes

@Lonely - I wake up feeling sick and a horrible feeling in my tummy most of the day. Then I start to feel panicky. I canā€™t believe that I had such a wonderful life this time last year. Xxxx

4 Likes

@Lonely trouble is I know mine will never subside - wee were together 24/7 and did everything together. We had no separate interests and agreed o everything. I died the day he did and that will never change. People on here are right - everything is pointless and meaningless without them by our sides and for myself I feel that is particularly true. Xxxx

4 Likes

We werenā€™t together 24/7 and I believe this helped the ā€œtransition to me from we.ā€ Itā€™s certainly not been an easy two year ride but im learning to live and accept whatā€™s what now. Sh** tho.
I often forget hubbys not out doing his gardening, fishing , pottering in the garage etc and still expect him appear asking what Iā€™ve been up to.
The pain does ease, there is always a coldness & emptiness inside but I know I need to put the big girl pants on as heā€™d want me to.

G. X

5 Likes

Yes they do i have meet so many people while walking him in the park he runs around with all his little friends we spend a couple of hours in the park

2 Likes

@Charm
Dear Charm I wish I could say something that would help you yo feel slightly better. It is so true that whst you day about everything being pointless.
I am five months into this awful new life and am now begining to see a bit of light. I have no children, we lost our daughter twenty years ago in an accident when she was 22. I relied very heavily on my husband as have rheumatoid arthritis and donā€™t drive. I couldnā€™t believe it when he died as he was such a fit and healthy man.
We were married for 43 years and he was 67. I am 64, so still have a lot of life ahead. All of our dreams have now been lost and I am having to live our life alone.
I am in a lucky position that I donā€™t have to go to work or worry how I will manage. Even so, I would give everything I own to have my old life back again.
It does get better day by day but never goes away. I still cry most days but not as badly as I used to. I can also think of my husband and smile, I never thought I would ever be able to do that.
Everone on this site is so kind and they are going through the same as you . I get hope reading other peoples stories and can see how slowly but surely things are changing for them.
Sending you lots of strength and hug xx

4 Likes

@Grandma - unfortunately big girl pants donā€™t work for me - glad you can do it and my husband would know how I would be after he had gone. Fortunately I have got everything sorted that I needed to in fine detail. His expectations of me were much kinder and softer.