Told to stop wallowing

@Horsman You are going threw so much not just the grief but the worry with your home. Glad you’ve got a wonderful 4 legged pal to help you threw. What’s his name & what colour is he? Great big hug xxx

3 Likes

I think I would have to tell her exactly how I felt and assume she hasn’t experienced a loss such as this.
I would not wish to associate with her after that as when you suffer a loss such as this I myself am selective with my close friends support now . If anyone has not supported me in past etc or has drained me I distance myself from them .
One of my friends knew my husband had passed away suddenly then didn’t contact me for 5 months !
She has recently messaged me a few times and I don’t reply
When I do reply I will tell her I don’t count her as good friend anymore etc etc
I can’t pretend anymore after what we have been through so afraid I won’t be seeing her again .
To be honest all she ever talked about was herself anyway !
Can’t tolerate it anymore !

8 Likes

One of the strategies in the book I am reading called Resilient Grieving says to think about our thoughts and actions and decide if if they are helping or harming our recovery. I think the same applies to the people around us.

10 Likes

Until it happens to her and you hope it won’t, she will never know xxx never xxx I used to be so angry and still am sometimes when “friends” and or family say these type of things xx your grief is your grief and can be shared with other gievers safely! Hugs to you and talk as much as you like here, we are together :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging:

5 Likes

Its been nearly 4 months since i lost my husband and i have had friends so move on his gone and nothing you do can bring him back i am 59 and also been told you will meet someone and be happy again i do not want to meet anyone in my eyes my husband will always be my husband and no one will ever take his place makes me so angry they still have their husbands

11 Likes

Totally agree with this @sue11 Richard will always be my husband and the thought of being with anyone else makes me feel sick actually.

10 Likes

Hi
Just read your post and you are a woman of my own heart I don’t tolerate anyone who upsets me anymore Once is enough then I cross them off my radar.life is too short to bother with people who hurt you with words or actions I have deleted many people out of my life over the years and I feel bloody great about it even years on .It can be classed as a verbal bullying so enough is enough Do not put up with these people hold your head up high and live your life in happiness without them
Deborah x

4 Likes

Well said i feel the same sod em

3 Likes

Me too it’s a good feeling when you start to focus on yourself for a change .
Think a sudden loss makes you re evaluate what is important .
No one can understand how we feel unless they have experienced it themselves .
Sudden loss of my husband was so unreal .after 5 months I am still struggling to believe it’s actually happened.

It is by far the worst grief ever .

Think this forum helps .

6 Likes

Please don’t ever contact this ‘friend’ again. You deserve so much more than shallow ignorant people around you.

I would have made a voodoo doll after that shameful display of total betrayal and unbelievable insensitivity.

We are all desperately grieving and one day she will know what it actually means to lose the love of your life and soulmate and she won’t have you as friend to share the experience with xxx

6 Likes

Oh @Charm, you actually made me laugh out loud when I read your post about voodoo dolls! I had visions of @Misprint with all the craft stuff at the table making the doll :grinning:.

6 Likes

@Jean8 I agree, if @Charm or @Misprint can help with this will help me sure … This has helped me so much x

2 Likes

One i made earlier so funny

11 Likes

Doesnt seem to want to load
Did make me laugh thou

3 Likes

My sister said to me after three years,”I thought you’d be better by now”.

4 Likes

Or even this one

7 Likes

Love voodoo dolls
Where can we buy some lol

2 Likes

Voodoo doll!

1 Like

@Misprint
Absolutely love the voodoo dolls. :joy::joy::joy:
Great that you and @Jean8 made us laugh. Thank you. xxx

4 Likes

A’friend’ well I’m glad she’s not an enemy as the saying goes :woman_facepalming:what kind of person says that let alone a so called‘friend’? I apologise but I feel you are being more than generous. I have just lost my dear dear Mum so maybe I am not in the best of places to comment…. Nope I am she would not feature on my Christmas card list or in my life. I’ve learned over to many years thankfully that ‘friends’ like that aren’t worth having. If people don’t bring anything positive to your life then get rid :heart:sending you love as a stranger xx

2 Likes