Valentines

But soon solved with a pencil and some patience lol
I remember buying a Phil Collins tape and it did that lol

3 Likes

@Cat_fan hi I have just finished watching my team get beat ( football) then have read your post and it has made me laugh out loud as they say . Thank you , x

1 Like

I remember trying to tape the top 20 charts on a Sunday , but the DJ always seemed to talk before the song had finished . Probably to spoil our fun . X

3 Likes

Yes - Sunday was the only day that mum let us have tea in our bedroom so we could tape it

3 Likes

The mixed tape creation and pencil days :slightly_smiling_face:
If the tape had a damaged part, guaranteed to be in middle of favourite song

3 Likes

Yes indeed - That was probably Debbie Haddy (Blondies - Heart Of Glass or Toyah back in my day lol

3 Likes

Definitely in the middle of Debbie Harry and toyah.it drove me mad lol

3 Likes

Maybe no iTunes or YouTube Music, but simpler times - before world lost it’s damn mind

2 Likes

We must be the same era mate - some good music back then

3 Likes

So true , I dread to think what it will be like in another 40 plus years . So glad I won’t be here to see it . x

3 Likes

If im around the house alone i often tell Alexa to put on a playlist like Fleetwood Mac or Phil Collins lol

3 Likes

Excellent choice of music. If i,m in on my own you tube with loads of heavy rock and various types of music

2 Likes

I absolutely love 80s music and disco I need to play some more… I swear Alexa listens to what I’m saying I keep hearing songs about loss :frowning:
I remember rewinding the tapes I’ve still got loads of tapes singles and LPs they were the good old days.
My partner and I had different music tastes he loved heavy rock, Rolling Stones 60s free love stuff… haha

3 Likes

Either that or David Gray, Stereophonics or The Script if its a little more modern - none of this crappy house music my son-in-law plays lol

1 Like

Heavy rock was my husband’s favourite music he used to have it blurring out said a house wasn’t a house unless you had music on

2 Likes

@Cat_fan
Haha crappy house music…
Half the time the kids are stoned anyway

3 Likes

Lol - He’s a DJ … effin music does my head in lol
Just as well im too old for clubbing lol - back in the day we’d be off clubbing at 10 pm as my mum was going to bed lol

2 Likes

Cant beat some good heavy rock … having grown up listening to Status Quo etc and my mum shouting up the stairs to turn that bloody racket off … (I only put it on load to block out that Johnny Mathis crap she was listening too lol)

2 Likes

Haha. Alan was a right old rocker and I put it on now to feel closer to him. If I sit listening to Enter Sandman with my eyes shut I can almost feel him take my hand. It’s lovely.

4 Likes

My husband was a big Marrilion fan in his 20’s anybody remember them ? We played lavender at his funeral … god bless him :frowning: oh this is sad … :frowning: xx

2 Likes