Valentines

Phil Collins my absolute favourite , as well as meatloaf , and Queen . Yes Alexa is good if she hears me right , but sometimes I have to give her a telling off , when she puts some crap on I don’t like x

3 Likes

Sad, but kind of nice too. We had Highway to hell at the funeral. And Good Riddance. Makes me smile when I hear them. I’m abit of a karaoke queen and I might have a bash at Good Riddance next time I go. See how brave I’m feeling!

6 Likes

Haha - thats a good choice … took me all my time to keep my sh1t together and read the eulogy i wrote for her , dont think i could manage that lol

2 Likes

@Cat_fan
Well done for reading the eulogy I wanted to but couldn’t bring myself to personally read anything on the day and left it to be read out… My daughter wrote some beautiful words and my grandson drew a beautiful boat picture as my partner loved sailing.

2 Likes

Ah yes - i remember them, they were great
But now i have Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell in my head lol after talking music on her

When we were courting (1998/2000) / just first married it was Simply Red, Gabrielle, Bryan Adams, Tina Turner

3 Likes

I had my nephews wife on hot standby with a spare copy in case i lost it … but managed to read it - i owed her that much

2 Likes

Well done for that. I couldn’t have spoken at the funeral. My son wrote a piece and did a brilliant job but I just sat there in my sunglasses (felt right at the time…) trying to hold it together.

3 Likes

My partner died unexpectedly aged 56 in November in Paris whilst we were away and that haunts me still so i have been having counselling and it really has helped get me through the days The key is finding the right person to connect with. Its still early days after loosing the love of my life but I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and moving slowly along. Love to everyone grieving here its all so desperately sad :broken_heart: Hugs

7 Likes

Yeh my husband loved meatloaf too - bat out of hell x

3 Likes

So did mine

3 Likes

Mine too meatloaf Queen AC-DC Black Sabbath

4 Likes

@SusieC , so sorry for your loss, that must have been dreadful for you . Being away from home when your partner died. I’m sure you will find a lot of support on this site , we all know how hard it is ,trying to keep going when grief seems to attack us every minute of every day . This site has been a lifeline for me the past two years . As you can probably see by reading some of the posts on this thread , sometimes a little light relief from the heaviness of grief helps . It’s just so good to connect with people on this site , that understand and never judge, it’s like we are all in this together, helping each other, the way only someone who feels this grief knows ,xtake carex

5 Likes

I have just been watching crap on telly ( masked singer) tears streaming down my face to a bloody piranha singing Lay Me Down , a Sam smith song . The words are so apt . And then piranha sang it’s all coming back to me . These programmes should come with a health warning , ( may cause tears) if it wasn’t so bloody sad , :sob:it would be funny . I can just imagine my husband laughing telling me to get a grip . Sad sad so sad.x

6 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words it really helps to know you are not alone.
I appreciate your message Take good care Susie xx

4 Likes

AC/DC at a funeral - that’s unique - and keeping with his life
So often funerals are tailored around what everyone else wants and pandering to audience, not what that person would have wanted

My partner loved UB40, but her favourite classical was “Time to say goodbye” Sarah Brightman/Andrea Bocelli
Irony in that somewhere😥 Chose that as recession song for funeral

3 Likes

Deb5.saw them live and ac/dc live as well.plus status quo twice

3 Likes

Yeh my husband used to follow them all over the country in his 20 's … my middle daughter is called kayleigh after the song ! Xx

3 Likes

Cat fan.ah the good old days .remember my mum and dads face first time i put paranoid by black sabbath on Priceless lol.saw black sabbath three times once with ozzie and with dio and when ozzie returned to sabbath x

3 Likes

@SusieC
Sorry for your loss it’s still very early days for you… such a shock…7 months in and I’m finding I’ve gone backwards it’s good to chat I’m glad you have counselling in place…
I’m still on the waiting list since August…

5 Likes

Jealous of the angels by Catherine Jenkins was the song that was played as sue took the next step of her journey and i still can’t listen to it
Bon jovi thank you for loving me was our wedding song and that was the reflective song and sues and my favourite country and western song was alan Jackson he stopped loving her today.the counsellor from lyndsey lodge hospice scunthorpe suggested listen to other versions of Jealous of the angels. Its not getting any easier now. Feels like i,m in limbo

3 Likes