Valentines

@Martin2 yes I like heavy rock and all types of music my Alexa is so good for that also

2 Likes

My husband always joked about his end songs he said he wanted the sex pistols but his son and I chose other songs he liked

4 Likes

9 Likes

Lol … my brothers used to have them on full blast when i was a teenager ! Good old johnny rotten hey … he lost his wife last year you know …so he will.know how it feels like us X

6 Likes

@Martin2 beautiful dogs.
We had a rottweiler and husky once upon a time - do miss them - rottweiler was such a character

4 Likes

I managed to find one locally but it comes costly thats for sure I hope you are finding it helpful seeing the messages on here. There is no easy way on this journey thats the truth. Good luck with getting that counselling soon I know it will help Hugs sent to you from me xx

5 Likes

Oh lovely! I have Teddy an Old English Sheep dig.

10 Likes

Lovely my 3 have got through this so far

4 Likes

Hi Martin2 OMG they are absolutely beautiful I bet your very proud of them and Teddy1 he’s a beauty as well so handsome love dogs although ours passed years ago Take care

2 Likes

@Martin2 @Teddy1
Beautiful doggies here’s my little man…
Soft as anything :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Jol
My Chris wanted the shipping forecast song sailing by as he loved sailing my daughter chose his song for the end she did all the video photos and videos :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Ilovehorses he’s gorgeous my daughter has a Shiatsu and he is a little shit my son has a British bulldog he thinks he’s half human such a lovely personality just likes cuddles all the time dogs are so much comfort

2 Likes

We had never talked about if one of us died. So I didn’t have a clue what music to pick for his funeral . The song played as he was going into crematorium was Only you , the Flying Pickets version. The next song I chose was Maroon Five . Memories. In lock down I loved that song . It seemed every time I went anywhere in husbands car . The radio would play it . He always said ’ I put it on specially for you darlin " I always said it was our lock down song and would always remind us of all the days we spent together in lockdown . Little did I know , the following year I would be using it at his funeral :cry:. I couldn’t find a song for the end of his funeral . One night I had been listening to radio , and must of fell asleep . I was woken by radio playing ,Three Steps To Heaven by Showadadywady. My husband liked them when we were first courting . So I used that song . X

4 Likes

Hi Broken222 sorry for your loss we talked about ours my husband wanted 1st song “This is the Road to Hell”, 2nd Arthur Brown “Fire” last song “Born to be wild” he wanted a party with a cake so we hired a function room played all his heavy rock music he loved and boy did he get the send off he planned even to were he wants his ashes spread round this big oak tree with his dog at the crematorium .
Because you were stuck on that last song your husband made your mind up for you, as mine he wanted a Direct cremation so that’s what we gave him the funeral directors rang to let us know they were setting off and on the radio the song Born to be wild came on my daughter said he’s given you a sign I’m sure your husband would have been really proud ofcthe send off you gave him you take care

2 Likes

Songs Tina asked for was we have all the time in the world Tina turner simply the best as we leaving last mohicans hard to believe 8 weeks ago. Think I’m doing you proud babes so so hard with out you and I no you see me break down just can’t help it x

5 Likes

Martin2 sorry for your loss a nice selection of songs she would be proud of you and know harm in breaking down that’s how much we love them :heart:

1 Like

@Jennison1946 , Thank you . Yes that’s what I thought when I heard that song . It must of took a lot of strength from you , to give your husband the send off he wanted. Especially at the very start of this grief. I don’t like to call it a journey , to me a journey ends . But I think this grief for our partners will never end . We do adapt and carry the grief with us , as well as the love we have for them . …I have told my two kids ,I just want a direct funeral , and for them to just play all the music I like and to get drunk if they want . My son is funny . He said " so as they carry you out of the house ,do we just play Bat out of hell , very loud " … That’ll do for me . X

4 Likes

@Martin2 , lovely songs . I’m sure your doing your wife proud . Only 8 weeks . I wasn’t eating or sleeping or even brushing my hair 8 weeks after my husband died. I was a right scruff. Lol. Over two years for me now , and I still breakdown , we have to release the pain and emotions we feel, somehow. Sending hugs x

4 Likes

Broken222 that made me laugh your son certainly has a sense of humour as my husband did love it and I want the same as at my husband, we got very drunk most of us you take care.

2 Likes

Broken222 there’s nothing wrong with breaking down I was told once they pass, the love you have for them is bouncing around inside you and the only way to get it out is cry and I certainly do my fair bit of crying it just comes from know ans as you said the pain and emotionhas to go somewhere take care

7 Likes