Viewing your loved one at the Chapel of Rest yes or no

@Susie3021 , i am sorry for your loss too. Its ony a week tomorrow since he died, but he was in an induced coma for 5 days before. Every hour seems like 10. Ive lost a parent but nothing has prepared me for this pain. Sending a big hug.

1 Like

Freefaller
Thank you for your kind words,
I lost my father nearly 10 years ago ,and that was bad enough
But losing my husband has been horrendous,
Feels like a bad nightmare
Take care
Big hugs
Sue

1 Like

Hi. Just got back from dinner and three very loud punk rock bands. We talked about Bev most of the evening and how she would have loved the food but hated the music.:heart::heart:

4 Likes

I lost my mum on 3/3/23. I decided to see her in the chapel of rest. She didnā€™t look right and they had put too much eye shadow on her eye lids. But that didnā€™t really matter. A friend gave me a gift - it was a pink box with a poem stuck to the inside of the lid. There was a loose copy of the poem. She had crocheted two butterflies. One was white the other was lilac and white. And two double hearted bath melts. I placed the poem, white butterfly and one of the melts into an organza bag and put it into mumā€™s coffin with a photo of her and I put the same photo in my box. I find it comforting to open the box and read the poem and look at the butterfly and her photo. I have also put her favourite gold locket in my box which I was given after she passed away. The box and its contents are my most treasured possession. I feel the connection to my mum which I deeply miss when I open my box.

4 Likes

thats brilliant you have have people who share
youre interests. im trying to brave up to going to see some local bands on my own no one my age likes my music or taste in films. This is such a sad part of losing your other halfā€‹:frowning::cry:

1 Like

The punk rock bands sounds great.my gorgeous fantastic wife sue would have hated the bands but the food would have been fantastic.should been to a sabaton gig tonight in Leeds with my daughter but only got out of hospital yesterday after being in overnight for cameras down throat and somewhere unmentionable

2 Likes

hope youre okay

1 Like

Thank youā€¦just have to waq

I am so glad that it worked out ok for you. Keep that feeling in your heart and will help you through the bad times.:heart:

1 Like

Just to wait for results now

Just have to wait for the results up to two weeks before they are sent

Hi Jeff
Thatā€™s so good to hear and Iā€™m pleased you had a good Birthday. Itā€™s another step forward in this journey
Love
Lyn x

1 Like

@Martyn2
Thinking of you and we will do the waiting with you. Keep positive
Love
Lyn
X

1 Like

Thank you xx

My husband died 9 days ago at home suddenly and I have been thinking if I want to see him in the chapel of rest myself. Donā€™t know if this will help but, I have decided not too. I said my goodbyes on the day he passed, when he still looked like my love. I saw my Nan in the chapel of rest when she passed and Iā€™ve regretted it ever since because she didnā€™t look like her. I donā€™t want those memories of Lee. When I found him he looked asleep, so I think I would rather that be the last memory I have. Whatever you decide as long as it feels right to you is ok. Lots of love. X

2 Likes

Nily
So very sorry for your loss ,
Lost my husband 6 months ago,
I did go and see my husband in the chapel of rest,he did look slightly different,
But I was glad I went ,
I was with him when he passed away in the
Hospital,he had a cardiac arrest and passed away 2 hours later,

I didnā€™t go and see my father when he passed away I couldnā€™t face it ,

Take care
Sue

2 Likes

I was glad i went to see my gorgeous fantastic wife sue who passed away on the first of February this year due to pancreatic cancer. I was with sue and was holding her hand .i got the chance to say a few things i couldnā€™t say on the day .glad i went .Still feeling lost and struggling with the fact sue isnā€™t here physically but feel sue is watching over me and the family .nilly so sorry for your loss. You have to do what you feel is best for you x

1 Like

Martyn2
So very sorry for your loss of Sue
Itā€™s so difficult to live without your loved one ,
Sometimes I feel like Iā€™m in a bad nightmare

I met my husband when I was 19 ,and I cannot get use to him not been here ,

Everyone is so helpful on this forum, and we all understand what we are all going through,
Take care
Sue

3 Likes

Thank you. We had 22years together .cant get used to sue not being her at all .met sue after going through a really bad patch after a divorce and heading for a nervous breakdown.sue rebuilt my confidence after my ex wife destroyed it .sue is and always will be in my heart now and forever more x

3 Likes

Martyn2,
Know how you feel ,no one can replace my
Dave ,he was my soulmate,

Life can be so cruel
I was in the car with him and he had a cardiac arrest whilst driving i, managed to stop the car ,
But he passed 2 hours later,
Have you seen a grief councillor,?
One of my friends told me I should ,
When I saw my Doctor she gave me 2 different antidepressants to take , which I decided not to take ,
Take care
Sue

1 Like