Viewing your loved one at the Chapel of Rest yes or no

Going to see your loved one in the chapel of rest has to be a personal decision. I wanted to make sure my wife was dressed exactly as she wanted. We were “lucky” in that we had time to discuss with her how she wished her final “ party”. She planned the whole funeral from her bed in the Palliative Care unit including the music and wanted to be dressed in the most expensive dress she had ever bought. Going in style as she said so I took it as my duty and the last thing I could do for her to make sure everything was done as she wished. 14 months on I am heartbroken and lonely but carrying on in her memory.:heart:

3 Likes

In the process of getting one sorted out from the hospice. Plus definitely needed antidepressants which are helping me .thank you sue x

1 Like

im asking doctor on thursday for some antidepressants as done nothing but cry all week.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with asking for help. Antidepressants are helping me .having days where i don’t stop crying .were all here to help each other x

1 Like

Martyn2,
Hope all goes well with the grief councillor,
I find I cannot sleep at night,
For the 1st few weeks I was given sleeping tablets which helped,
I walk a lot to try to occupy myself,
Take care

2 Likes

Thank you.have to be careful walking as i,m a right below knee amputee since 2019.started playing guitar again and the dogs we have are constantly wanting cuddles

3 Likes

beautiful dogs @Martyn2

1 Like

Your dogs are so adorable,
I love dogs,
We had a rescued dog a springer spaniel ,
But unfortunately she passed of old age ,
It broke our hearts so we didn’t get another ,

My son plays the guitar,

Take care

1 Like

Maltese cross chihuahua and chihuahua went for one and came back with two .Teddy n George are brothers .friend from the motorcycle club we belong to had dog had puppies and sue and myself fell in love with them both. We had to resist getting another one two years ago x

Thank you. They are so loved .sue my gorgeous fantastic wife is the lady who is holding them xx

A beautiful picture @Martyn2 You can see how much Sue loved your dogs too.

1 Like

We both missed our last dog flash

.its my daughter aderlaide who is holding him.first time i had seen her for a long time x

1 Like

Teddy and George must be great company
They become part of the family ,
Lovely photo of your Sue with Teddy and George,
Take care

1 Like

Aaw thank you .they are a great source of comfort to me and my family xx

Love your dogs and your Sue, what a beautiful lady! :heart:xx

1 Like

@Martyn2
Lovely photo of Sue with Teddy and George. xxx

1 Like

Thank you.sue means the world to me .counselling have rung today and am close to the top of the list from lindsey lodge hospice scunthorpe where sadly my gorgeous wife sue spent her final days xx

Martyn2
Hopefully you won’t have to wait long ,
And it works out well for you ,
Lovely photo of your daughter with your old dog Flash ,
Does your daughter live close by ,

I have one son who lives about a 5 and half hours car journey away,

Take care of yourself
Sue

1 Like

Aderlaide lives with me now .she moved up to goole last July xx

Lovely to have your daughter with you,
And you are there to support each other