What's the point? (Had enough)

ACAS advised they can guve a verbal option… i can verbally accept - but neither is binding without being in writing and signed. Couldnt really say anythi g more beyond that on the underhandedness they ate doing

2 Likes

Hi Kel2,
I reiterate what Mike has said. Be careful if you accept redundancy as sometimes you have to wait many weeks if you try to claim benefits and even have to pay some of the redundancy back . If I were you I would go on sick leave for as long as possible and whilst you get a chance to look around for another job even a part time one. I too used to employ lots of people and redundancy to an employer would be better than you going on sick leave. Do whats best for you and see your GP asap for a sick note for at least a few weeks until you can get your head around things
Deborah x

3 Likes

i
[/quote]

1 Like

Hi Kel

I assume all contact is noted down as ‘ keep in touch ‘ contact re all contact and conversations what is discussed should be noted .You can also request records off the notes related to each contact while you were off sick if you want . Also keep timeline of dates calls etc and your own record of what was discussed on each contact .
I would not verbally agree to anything as you say you off till April and you have stated you intend to return but not yet ready .
Have you had occupational health referral ? And request phased return reduced hours etc
I would turn the tables and just keep saying I do not wish to take the redundancy as I am grieving and after bereavement you are not supposed to make decisions such as this as you not able to make balanced decision at this time etc
Hope this helps but don’t let them wear you down at a time when you are very vulnerable . There are policies and laws and they cannot just decide to try finish you up x
Try be strong after what everyone here has been through etc it’s time to focus on you as a priority don’t forget that xxx
Hope it helps x

6 Likes

Well said !!!

1 Like

Thanks Debs I think we all been through enough without others piling more trauma upset on us and we have to try to fight back x

4 Likes

Well said Ferne,
Also if you go back on phased return even if the first day is a few hours eg 3hrs then you are entitled to full pay for the day and phased return needs to be agreed with you and a written timetable drawn up before you return to work. It used to be you could have phased return for 6 weeks but things may have changed now. It will at least ensure you have some money while you look for another job. First go on sick leave and i think you are entitled to 6 mths pay then go on phased return even if you give your job up at teh end of it
Hope this helps
Deborah x

3 Likes

I know i agree ! Its ridiculous ! People are so horrible ! You get advice and don’t let em push you about !! Xx

2 Likes

@Kel2 what @Ferne said! X.

1 Like

When we found out my husband had cancer we were sharing a flat with a friend who was not that clean around the flat always leaving the bathroom dirty never cleaned up after making him self something to eat i used to tell him about it as my husband was having chemo but he did not change his ways of living so we spoke to his nurse who was part of the team he was under she wrote a letter to are local housing office saying he needed his own home as he would sooner or later need a hospital bed and was at high risk of infections but are local housing office said he was not top of their list to be rehomed i got in contact with are local mp and she did nothing to help us my husband keeped getting infections one after the other and still the housing did nothing there was even damp in the flat i am sorry anrgy with them i sent a email to them asking if they were happy with them self as my husband has passed away and you did nothing to help him

2 Likes

Did you ? Oh wow ! Aw thats awful he wasnt top priority! This bloody country ! Its awful :confounded: theres just no compassion anymore :frowning:

3 Likes

We keep bidding on Kent Homechoice but always came bottom of the list there were putting the homeless first we were bidding on homes with a wetroom as we have a bath where i am now and my husband could not get in the bath and i had to give him a full body wash can not understand how a homeless person could be given a home with a wet room but not my husband

2 Likes

Honestly !!! Poor you. I hope you get something soon ! Xxx

3 Likes

Thank you just feel so angry as i feel my husband may have still been here with me if they had rehomed us as the last infection he had was so bad his body could not fight it of and his liver and other organs started to shut down

2 Likes

Yeh there were many mistakes with my husband too ! I know what you mean ! Makes you very angry doesnt it !! Im not proud of being british anymore ! Its all about helping the many and not the few who are in such a vulnerable situation ! I dont like it ! Its not the great Britain i was born into !!! :frowning:

3 Likes

In the back of my mind i keep thinking it was the guy who we shared the flat with as he did not help in keeping it clean but at the end of the day i would never say to him its your fault my husband is no longer here as that would be so unfair to blame him for it even though he owned the flat and should have done something about the damp in the rooms and keep the place clean after using the bathroom

2 Likes

Yeh its a hard one isnt it ? Xx

3 Likes

Thank you everyone. I am trying to hold out with work.
I certainly dont want to go back to them (proven they dont care) C.A.B advised that should I take the settlement i “should” be able to get ESA (old Incapacity Benefit) providing my GP still signs me off as i was signed offf at the time and still signed off, plus have oaud my contributions - however, no doubt the benefit system will refuse this if it dies come to this. Everything else is going against me so this will no doubt be the same. Am so tired of everything.

@sue11 … the system is awful! I am so sorry what you have had to deal with xx

3 Likes

They have to give you something to live on !!! Xxx

2 Likes

Also have you tried going to your MP … they can work wonders you know ! I always found them brilliant the few times ive used them ! Thats what theyre there for to help their constituents xx

3 Likes