When do you really accept?

I hope this helps, Mattel:

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love … and then we return home.’
Australian Aboriginal Proverb x

Thank you Victoria. Yes we have to walk a mile in someone elses shoes to know how they feel.
I want to believe that I will see her again and I realise that there is so much that we are yet to discover. I so hope this is one of them.
I am going for a walk today because I don’t know what else to do but we have to do something.
I hope everyone has as good a day as they can. Thanks again.
Lots of love xx

You try and have a good day too, Matella. I find that some days are worse than others.
Much love xxx

Thank you for the proverb. It rationalises things and sometimes I am able to see things in that way.
People’s visits vary in length of time but no less precious. Xx

I am glad you found it helpful … there is so little we can do in these heartbreaking situations. I am thinking of you.
Much love xxx

Victoria…
…yes totally agree with your chosen proverb but not forgetting we are placed here to make a difference a contribution, to leave a lasting legacy, before our time is up and we return…

Jackie…

Hi al!l I wake every morning thinking of her and still an finding it hard to accept she has truely gone forever I’m so depressed

Hi Chel. I do exactly the same. My child is on my mind 24/7.
I read about people, here and in other places, that are so much worse off in terms of support etc. However, it isn’t really about me. I can’t get by what my daughter is missing out on.
It is so hard to accept that this is it isn’t it?
It would be useful to hear from people much further down the line than us.
I do hope your day becomes easier. Sending you hugs. X

Yes Chel, I find mornings are the most difficult part of the day. Not sure if it’s because you’re coming out of disturbing sleep and reality dawn’s or if it’s simply that the whole day is before us to get through. I often drive to work crying and then have to put my public face on just to go in. It’s the most difficult thing I’ve had to deal with and my life hasn’t been short of hurdles! It’s an exhausting journey we are on. Everyday leaves me so tired. But until it’s our turn we have to keep going. I wish us all strength x

I dreamt about Gemma last night, the first time for months. In my dream I was sat in a restaurant with my husband and I saw her get off a bus with other people. She looked so happy, laughing and smiling. I wanted to run out and hold on to her but knew somehow that I couldn’t. But I felt very calm. Does anyone else here dream of their children?
Now this evening I am back to sadness and tearful.
I have decided to give up work though today as find it too much now.
Wishing you all a peaceful evening xxx

Yes the mornings and evenings though throughout the day I still drift to thinking about her even if I’m trying to keep busy. I’m still going over in my head how and why and could I have change this all for her if I’d done this or that. It’s such a empty feeling as time goes on I’m feeling more lost and things seem pointless I wish I could have just gone with her that day I feel we should never have been parted we was like one. My day was filled with looking after her hospital visits and just spending our time and days together . I feel my life has been thrown into the air and landed in a pieces that I can never put back together. I hate we have all lost a child and left with the pain of losing them and bring here without them by our side

I hate it too and we have no choice … we have to somehow pick up the pieces of our lives and carry on and sometimes it feels impossible. But what choice do we have? I’ll be thinking of you today with lots of love xxx

Thank you I think about her as soon as I wake. People just don’t understand why I’m still feeling this way. But I’ve lost everything that was presious and dear to me. My world. Wishing you a better day today too x

You have had the most massive shock Chel. The world as you knew it has gone. Your routine has gone. You probably can’t even remember who you were before this happened. It will take time, maybe a long time, to make some sort of a new life. A different life to the one you knew. I remember last year when my son died I was so fearful of everything. I couldn’t remember who I was, even what clothes I wore. I was told I had PTSD from the shock. To have to start again later in life is hard enough, to have to do it when suffering grief is a real mountain to climb. Be gentle with yourself, don’t ask to much, don’t do things if you don’t feel able. And try not to question yourself.

Thank you it’s just the feelings of panic and fear that she is gone and I won’t see her or talk with her we spent all the time together like we were one and I feel half a person now. I still feel it unbelievable this has happened that day in hospital we was talking about when we thought we would be home and the the day turned bad for her. I love her so much I dread waking in the morning to start another day without her. She had got through so many trails in her life it all seems unfair. Sorry to go on. I just wish I could go back and change this out come for her like we all do for our beloved children

Dear Chel,
I know that feeling of panic so well. I feel exactly the same when I think of Gems and what happened. I have to immediately stop thinking or think of something else to stop the panic.
I have to completely block out what happened and imagine Gemma living her life with her boys so I mostly live in denial but that is the only way for me.
Do call me anytime if you want to chat especially if you are feeling panicked. It is unbearable at times. Much love xxx

I know how you feel I lost my only child Daniel in 2016 to a blood clot after an operation it doesn’t get any easier I live on my own can’t talk to my family about it as I know it makes they feel uncomfortable it’s like everyone has forgotten about him I still cry every day I miss him so much he was 33 x

I’m so sorry. I understand that feeling of heartbreak only to well. It’s so hard to carry this burden when you’re on your own. I miss my son every day. Life is lonely. And as time goes on others expect you to ‘get better’. They don’t understand that we’re never going to recover from this. Message me anytime you want to I will always reply. Take good care x

Thank you I will same to you as well xx

I find mornings the most difficult time of the day. I don’t know for sure why. But the day stretches before me and I think another 24 hrs to get through. I’m sure you ask the same as me, how did I get to here. The house used to be full of noise, children staying over, my parents calling in…now I rattle around on my own. I got myself two puppies that needed a home, my son absolutely loved dogs, and they are a focus. But I miss human company. Apologies for going on a bit, I do try to be more positive, just doesn’t always work. I hope you have a nice day x