Work

Hi mom sorry Ididnt talk yesterday I had a really hard day my head says one thing and my heart says another I aked Jaason for a chat today after work but he found me at lunch time and it all came out I do feel a little better that I told him but I feel like Im lettong work down. So Im sorry but Ive got to put me first love you mom and I miss you every day xxx

1 Like

Hello mom I think I hit rock bottom yestetday Ididnt go to work Ihad the shakes and threw up most of the day so I taken today as my first day tomove forward.I have found it hard to open up to my boss and feel like I am weak and Ive let everyone down but I feel letting go of all my feelings and asking for help was harder. I miss you I dont k ow what grief will look like tomorrow. But I’ll face it. I’ll feel it. As your memory washes over me. One day at a time. One wave at a time. Grief is the price of admision. The cost of the human condition. So I’ll pay it over and over again till I see you again. The love was worth it.- Liz Newman

1 Like

Hello mom
I feel like all the lessons you taught as children to be strong and idependent I thank you but the lesson about going to school when we were feeling bad and you telling us we would feel better isnt working … The pain is unbearable how could you teach us that kind of pain I miss you so much xxx

1 Like

Morning mom
Now Im not at work what do I do. Ive stopped I fell into a million peices . I sitting here all alone and thinking how, where do I start who do I talk to now . Mom I love you I miss you alway and for ever xxx talk to you later

1 Like

Hello mom
The days seem long and lonely as I’m not working but I’ve let go of the stress of holding it all together and I’ve let my grief wash over me like the ocean waves. Goodbyes hurt the most when the story was not finished. I look into the darkness to find your light the brightest star lighting my way like headlight on my car for the journey I have to endure without you. Mom mom give me the strength to follow in you footsteps as you had very big shoes to fill. You taught us many valuable lessons that we have taught our children and with that in mind I am blessed to have had a mom like you . I know your life was hard at times and it will be again but we will be OK. I do not know how my grief will look like tomorrow but I now I’m not alone and its OK to ask for help .mom I love you xxx

2 Likes

Hello mom
Made it through another day now for the evening and a night to go when things feel too overwhelming this week, remember one day at a time one hour at a time one moment at a time one breath at a time I love you mom xxx

1 Like

Morning mom
Just when I think I can start to pick myself up another blow. My partner has had a crash thankfully it’s only the car that got damaged. He is a little shaken but not hurt. It’s been hard going the children put up the Christmas tree .I’m sorry I know how much you love Christmas and I am trying to honor you in the days to come love you mom xxx

1 Like

Hi mom
Today was the first time I have been out in the dark driving I saw Christmas lights and I wish you were her mom. I want to scream but nothing is happening. The boss has texted he said he will chat on Friday so now I running threw scenarios in my head why does my mind do this…mom I want you to know I think you are the braves person I know to now you have cancer and that it is not curerable and it only a matter of time you held your head high took a breath and stepped forward with operations and cemo. Not once did you complain or say you were in pain. You made your pain purposeful so now I need to turn my pain into a purpose. Love you mom with all my heart xxx

1 Like

Hello mom
can’t believe it’s Friday tomorrow where did the week go time moves differently now you are not here. I used to look forward to coming over on a Friday after work watching television and having dinner. The boss said he will ring tomorrow . He will chat about going back to work am I ready will I ever be ready. I’m OK I can do this miss you and love you xxx

1 Like

It’s ten years this year when my mum died and three today since my dad died. Christmas used to be so magical. My husband died last year and now I don’t wish to celebrate. There are no children to please. I’m going to my sister and am convincing myself it’s a normal day. I miss my family everyday. I have kep all ashes and feel comforted having them around. Sending hugs x

2 Likes

Hello Nel
I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you much love xxx I have heard a lot of people on here say they look at Christmas just like another day :heart:

Morning mom
I have seen a beautiful sunset and the most amazing moon then this morning on my morning walk I seen trees with no leaves so I see now the amazing things the world has we can lose things along the way but better times will come like the seasons. I’m OK and that’s alright I can say no and that’s OK and I can ask for help and that OK so with that in mind I take a breath and tell my self I’m OK. Love you mom xxx

Evening mom
I stupidly sat all day by the phone waiting for my boss to phone no surprise he didn’t. All my thought and feelings are now anger . How am I ment to tell him if he doesn’t even ring me once in the whole week. So much for being supportive. I can tell my head is in charge of this conversation. OK let’s get back to the day. It was OK I’m OK let’s see what tomorrow brings love you mom xxx

Evening mom
Everyone’s putting up the Christmas lights and I’m missing the fun of it as we would do this and I just can’t bring my self to do it but it’s been OK me and my daughter watched some TV together had a huge cake feel OK miss chatting love you to the moon and back xxx

Morning mom
just been to the caravan my happy place to put it away for the winter. The boss has just texted me how I am all I could put was OK now he’s asking am I going back next week what do I put . Love you mom xxx

Take all the time you need. Go back in the New Year. Get a further sick note. Xx

I’d take your time , it’s seven weeks since I lost my partner and 9 weeks that I lost my mum . I can’t do it yet even though part of me is telling me to try …… don’t rush xx

Thank you An82 xxx

Thank you Nel xxx

Hi mom
Well went to see the doctor today feeling OK then out of the blue my phone rang I answered it to find my boss on the phone. he was very supportive and he wants me to go in on Wednesday and put a plan to move forward he was very understanding I feel comfortable to go in and give it a go I can do this and I’m good at my job.