Your reason for living In ONE SENTENCE PLEASE.

Priscilla - the new lay out is not good
It is not costumer friendly , it is difficult to navegate and difficult to read
Sadie

Hi ,
I think the forum would be much easier to follow if users choose titles and categories that reflected their posts. This thread is called
" reasons to carry on living" but hardly any of the recent posts are about " reasons to live" . Why not start a conversation about " family problems " if thats what you’ re interested in ? Then it would be much easier for everyone to follow the ones they’re personally interested in.
Isn’t that why the forum has different categories? Sadme

1 Like

Hello Sadme. I understand what you’re saying. However, conversations have a tendancy to go off on a tangent. One thing can lead to another. A friend and I often end up laughing at our chats and how they move onto different topics. We trace them back to see the connection to the end topic. It can be quite fun and we always end up laughing. But, as I say, I do understand your comments and possible frustration. Xx

Thanks for that MM will certainly give it a go.
Pat xx

As usual, well said Sheila you are absolutely right and I do agree with you, I find a conversation and join in because it has a meaning to me, it is only afterwards that I realise that it has gone off topic. I make sure though that if it is a new conversation I answer appropriately as it might be someone wanting a helping hand and doesn’t want to hear something that is totally different to what they want to hear. As it happens some topics do go off course and change but that is to be expected when it runs for weeks and this one has proved that we all have so many reasons for wanting to live. Unfortunately the person starting the conversation can’t dictate what people want to talk about to each other. I will try harder to keep on track.
Pat xxx

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I have split some posts from this conversation off into a new conversation here: When family aren't there for you

Our community guidelines ask that users try to make replies useful and relevant. Obviously, many conversations do change direction organically, and this is normally fine, so long as participants are still finding it helpful.

In this case, there were clearly two parallel discussions taking place, so I have separated them out to help make things clearer and ensure everyone can participate in the conversations that are most relevant to them.

2 Likes

I understand - it happens. This isn’t about blaming anyone, just about keeping the conversation useful and easy to follow.

Am I the only one that finds normal and pleasant that conversation evolves organically?
If your family is not supportive it is part of loosing a partner because if your partner hadn’t died you wouldn’t be in this situation!!

Sadie

3 Likes

Hi everyone, can we draw a line under discussing the splitting of the thread now? Otherwise it will just continue to be off-topic from the original post. If you want to raise a question about the decision to split the thread with me, you can email me at online.community@sueryder.org. Or, if there is something more general you’d like to discuss with other users, you can always start a new conversation as usual.

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: When family aren’t there for you

Two reasons I think for conversations changing direction, particularly if we restricted to one sentence. By requesting that you will get a negative or positive statement and that will naturally result in members expanding with their personal experience.
The other is what Kate mentioned. The way we are invited to read post on the site, it pulls up old conversations and not the opening intro, so the reader has to scroll through and will find something in the conversation that resonates with them and then thread is revived.
There is nothing wrong with that, there is good reason though to split (sounds harsh) if it’s clear that there is real value in it becoming a topic all on its own.
Either way, its really good when you chat…some great conversations evolve.
Much love :blue_heart:
Sandra

3 Likes

My sentiments exactly Sandra, I enjoy the chats and can even smile or laugh at some comments. Some very valid points are mentioned and I for one find them very helpful and food for thought.
Take care all
Pat xxx

2 Likes

My Mum gave up so much so me and my 4 sisters could have the best childhood, so I owe it to her to live my life to the fullest :heart:

4 Likes

Look to nature and the living world, I mean look at it properly and feel it’s energy

5 Likes

This is a reply so exempt from ‘one sentence’. I can relate to that so much as my love for nature has grown as I try to make sense of my new life. I am in a walking group, bit restricted at the moment as I have a painful foot…awaiting an op :flushed:. I appreciate just how much beauty there is around me, I make myself open to meeting people but more than content to speaking to no one and just have my thoughts. This has brought peace into my life. Feel I still have a lot to learn in this new life :blue_heart:

2 Likes

SanW and Ashtree’s, we should start our own club, I am with you both 100%. The sounds and sights of nature are so therapeutic, It gives me a reason for being alive. I have been a Rambler member for years as was Brian but now quite happy walking on my own with my thoughts and the company of my dogs. It has saved me on many occasions. xxx

3 Likes

Hi rainbow
Not ignoring you.
Lost the last thread! Hope you doing ok. Love hugs pam2

1 Like

I believe i deserve to suffer for not being able to help my son my punishment is living without him.

2 Likes

Realistically is there anything at all you could have done to help your beloved son that you didn’t do ?
You obviously loved him dearly and it sounds as if you would have done anything in your power for him. Sadme.

1 Like

I brought him home to die i cant put into words the feeling helpless to do anything and there are other things as well that left me feeling like this.