Your reason for living In ONE SENTENCE PLEASE.

When we talk about been alone and loosing our husbands most people don’t realise how days like today with so much wind and rain can be so distressing!!
It is a very different life !!! I can’t think of anything that is better now than it was 15 months ago
Be safe
Sadie x

1 Like

Well said Sadie, exactly how I’m feeling. Never been afraid of wind before losing Brian. I remember the 1987 storm and was outside in the road in the middle of the night watching slates fly off a local shop roof. Then I went back to bed and slept through it.
Same to you and all other members hope we all stay safe.
Pat xxx

1 Like

I love my dogs, and need to look after them.

3 Likes

I’m the same. Love my faithful friends (my dogs) that have held me together. I want to be around to look after them, they deserve that. xxx

3 Likes

Thank you Pattidot. Perhaps it sounds a little weird, but my dogs have been true friends for the last few years, and the thought of something bad happening to them is damn near as bad as - well, you know.

2 Likes

My one remaining son is my only reason

2 Likes

Paul , a very good reason to carry on indeed.Sadme

Welcome Corfe, nice to find your message on this topic, a good reason indeed. Sadme

I’m new on here and not sure how it works

Hi Paul,
You seem to be doing fine on the forum.
You can reply to any posts if you want to.
The conversations all have titles so you can find topics you’re interested in but as you can see a lot of the posts here have nothing to do with the title.
Or you can start a new conversation if you want to under one of the categories.
I hope the forum helps you at this difficult time.
Sadme.

1 Like

Hi Paul, Sorry to hear that you are unsure about how to use the site. We have a help section with step-by-step instructions with images, which you might find useful.

Or, if you need more help, you can email us at online.community@sueryder.org.

Sheila I feel sad when you think about if things had been better if you have had no children!
The reality is that people disappoint us - do you think your boys and you could try some counselling? Maybe you are doing the right thing by getting used not to have them in your life
Sadie x

Priscilla - the new lay out is not good
It is not costumer friendly , it is difficult to navegate and difficult to read
Sadie

Hi ,
I think the forum would be much easier to follow if users choose titles and categories that reflected their posts. This thread is called
" reasons to carry on living" but hardly any of the recent posts are about " reasons to live" . Why not start a conversation about " family problems " if thats what you’ re interested in ? Then it would be much easier for everyone to follow the ones they’re personally interested in.
Isn’t that why the forum has different categories? Sadme

1 Like

Hello Sadme. I understand what you’re saying. However, conversations have a tendancy to go off on a tangent. One thing can lead to another. A friend and I often end up laughing at our chats and how they move onto different topics. We trace them back to see the connection to the end topic. It can be quite fun and we always end up laughing. But, as I say, I do understand your comments and possible frustration. Xx

Thanks for that MM will certainly give it a go.
Pat xx

As usual, well said Sheila you are absolutely right and I do agree with you, I find a conversation and join in because it has a meaning to me, it is only afterwards that I realise that it has gone off topic. I make sure though that if it is a new conversation I answer appropriately as it might be someone wanting a helping hand and doesn’t want to hear something that is totally different to what they want to hear. As it happens some topics do go off course and change but that is to be expected when it runs for weeks and this one has proved that we all have so many reasons for wanting to live. Unfortunately the person starting the conversation can’t dictate what people want to talk about to each other. I will try harder to keep on track.
Pat xxx

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I have split some posts from this conversation off into a new conversation here: When family aren't there for you

Our community guidelines ask that users try to make replies useful and relevant. Obviously, many conversations do change direction organically, and this is normally fine, so long as participants are still finding it helpful.

In this case, there were clearly two parallel discussions taking place, so I have separated them out to help make things clearer and ensure everyone can participate in the conversations that are most relevant to them.

2 Likes

I understand - it happens. This isn’t about blaming anyone, just about keeping the conversation useful and easy to follow.

Am I the only one that finds normal and pleasant that conversation evolves organically?
If your family is not supportive it is part of loosing a partner because if your partner hadn’t died you wouldn’t be in this situation!!

Sadie

3 Likes