May be worth a read.

Just read this and thought it was interesting. Might be worth a look.

14 Likes

Thanks for this @Ali29, Iā€™ve just read it, a very good insight. I was particularly struck by the need of ā€œrewiring your brainā€ and the ā€œContinuing bondsā€ method which I have automatically undertaken since losing my husband (25 years of marriage) so suddenly and prematurely, over two years ago. Not letting go of that special connection is how I manage to survive and save my sanity. Itā€™s just a different way of still having him by my side, always,like it should have been.

5 Likes

@Ali29 Thank you for posting this. It makes sense to me. Giving time to grieve maintains my connections and outside of that my living experience is re-wiring my brain for this life of separation I always thought of as everlasting and did not want.

3 Likes

Thanks @Ali29
A very helpful read and it all makes sense. The more we experience episodes which rewrite the neural map the better we will learn to cope it seems. This is in addition to maintaining a connection with our loved one which we all want to do. Itā€™s back to that balance which @Mike75 is so good at bringing in to his life.

4 Likes

Thank you @Ali29 for the link, it also makes complete sense to me too, particularly around attachment and the need to maintain those connections with our loved one, and the adjustments our brains need to make. One of the reasons grief is so exhausting whilst our brains searches for ways to cope. xxx

5 Likes

Reas it ā€¦ very good - explains a lot xx

3 Likes

Really useful read. It makes sense. X

1 Like

@Ali29
Very interesting and makes a lot of sense. Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

Read it, speaks to me. x

That is very helpfulā€¦in so much as it makes sense ā€¦thank you for sharingšŸ™

1 Like

This helped, thank you